PDA

View Full Version : Live mode devices

ecroxford
02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm trying live mode for the first time. Moto 8pre .... I must be doing something wrong... The live mode engages fine.... no noticable latency but alas there is no stereo separation... I can't seem to find a way( like in record mode) to assign the input device as dev 1 left or right... I'm not sure if i'm making sense to anyone. Anything that comes in on channel 1 or channel 2 appears in both tracks... I've got the pan spread but i still see the signal on both channels.. Not sure what i'm doing wrong...
Thanks
Ed Croxford

Naturally Digital
02-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm trying live mode for the first time. Moto 8pre .... I must be doing something wrong... The live mode engages fine.... no noticable latency but alas there is no stereo separation... I can't seem to find a way( like in record mode) to assign the input device as dev 1 left or right... I'm not sure if i'm making sense to anyone. Anything that comes in on channel 1 or channel 2 appears in both tracks... I've got the pan spread but i still see the signal on both channels.. Not sure what i'm doing wrong...
Thanks
Ed CroxfordHi Ed, you need to engage the MONO button at the top of the channel strip. Click on the word "Mono" and choose L only or R only from the dropdown menu. HTH

Shawn
02-10-2007, 01:15 PM
At the top of the channel strip, left click on the word "MONO", and a menu will pop up, choose either left only, or right only to seperate the two inputs on each device.

David beat me to it... :)

ecroxford
02-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks all.. Haven't used saw much in the last few years . I haven't had time to work with some of the new features. How do you record using live mode?

Thanks again
Ed Croxford

Bob L
02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
You can assign record meters to look to Mixer Channels for their signals... this then takes the record signal from the Pre-Patch point on the channels. This point is defaulted to follow the EQ and DYN section which means the processing will be part of the recording... or you can use the Pre-FX routing option in the Mixer menu to route the Pre Patch point in front of the EQ and DYN section... thereby recording a dry flat signal (my recommendation) while you are free to eq and process away for the main mix and all aux send monitor mixes.

Bob L