PDA

View Full Version : Moving Region to Another Track Error

Tim Miskimon
03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
While doing a session today I tried to move a region to a totally blank track and SS wouldn't let me. It kept saying the region was too large and cancelled the move.
Now on this EDL I have two output channels moved up next to vocal tracks so I could adjust the levels.
As soon as I put the output tracks back in their normal place SS would allow me to move the region.
Is this a software bug with 4.0c?
I've never noticed this happening to me in the past - I often move the output tracks as well as channels around for grouping - I love this feature.
Just wondering.

Dave Labrecque
03-12-2007, 10:53 PM
While doing a session today I tried to move a region to a totally blank track and SS wouldn't let me. It kept saying the region was too large and cancelled the move.
Now on this EDL I have two output channels moved up next to vocal tracks so I could adjust the levels.
As soon as I put the output tracks back in their normal place SS would allow me to move the region.
Is this a software bug with 4.0c?
I've never noticed this happening to me in the past - I often move the output tracks as well as channels around for grouping - I love this feature.
Just wondering.

Give Bob steps to recreate it and he'll fix it. :)

Tim Miskimon
03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Give Bob steps to recreate it and he'll fix it. :)

Seems to be pretty straight forward - it happens when the output tracks are moved up into the track area.
I was able to make it happen on a few different EDLs.

Dave Labrecque
03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Seems to be pretty straight forward - it happens when the output tracks are moved up into the track area.
I was able to make it happen on a few different EDLs.

Most all my sessions are arranged with 2 to 10 "input" tracks and then the Output 1 track (top to bottom). Never had a problem. Perhaps it's a more specific thing? :confused:

Bob L
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Must be something else involved... I can move regions to any track above or below output tracks that are re-ordered.

Bob L