PDA

View Full Version : Frequency Analyzer display issues

Dave Labrecque
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Anyone seen this?

Since my new OS install (I actually just moved my old SAWStudio folder from the old system to my new system), after a few minutes or seconds of using the FA in Listen mode, the FA display freezes, though the plug seems to still be functioning if I click around on it. If I close it, then re-open it, only little bits of the interface appear. If I remove it from the patch list, re-patch it, re-open it -- same thing. :confused:

DominicPerry
04-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Anyone seen this?

Since my new OS install (I actually just moved my old SAWStudio folder from the old system to my new system), after a few minutes or seconds of using the FA in Listen mode, the FA display freezes, though the plug seems to still be functioning if I click around on it. If I close it, then re-open it, only little bits of the interface appear. If I remove it from the patch list, re-patch it, re-open it -- same thing. :confused:

Yup, used to get this on IBM Thinkpads. I managed to 90% cure it by lowering the video troubleshoooting slider. Sounds like a video driver issue to me.

Dominic

Dave Labrecque
04-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Yup, used to get this on IBM Thinkpads. I managed to 90% cure it by lowering the video troubleshoooting slider. Sounds like a video driver issue to me.

Dominic

Odd that it would only happen on that single plug, no?

DominicPerry
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Odd that it would only happen on that single plug, no?

If it's the same problem as mine, it will happen on the Studio Echo/Delay plug o IQS Levelizer too. Bring up the list of values for, say delay time, or comp time and see if the big list sticks on the screen. I think there's something a little different about the graphics coding for the early IQS plugins which shows this problem. Just a guess.

Dominic

ambler
04-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I used to have this issue with Bob's EQ and Delay plugins as well as the Frequency Analyzer. I tried everything to do with video drivers and settings that I could and nothing made a difference. Some time later I reformatted and re-installed everything and The problem went away. Exactly the same hardware, exactly the same drivers. I still have no idea what caused the problem or what fixed it... so this post is basically useless... sorry.

Mark

Dave Labrecque
04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I used to have this issue with Bob's EQ and Delay plugins as well as the Frequency Analyzer. I tried everything to do with video drivers and settings that I could and nothing made a difference. Some time later I reformatted and re-installed everything and The problem went away. Exactly the same hardware, exactly the same drivers. I still have no idea what caused the problem or what fixed it... so this post is basically useless... sorry.

Mark

LOL. :p Well, thanks for trying. ;) If it makes you feel any better, your post is actually much worse than that... this didn't start for me until I reformatted and re-installed everything! D'oh! :eek:

DominicPerry
04-07-2007, 04:58 AM

Mark

Normally Mark, you carefully correct my technical ramblings with something more precise, more up to date and more accurate. I expected the same this time and ended up laughing my head off. Thanks. :) :) :)

Dominic