PDA

View Full Version : ANWIDA Soft Spazio for SAWStudio Group Buy

Andrea Forlani
09-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Dear All,

we are pleased to start a Spazio for SAWStudio (http://www.anwida.com/spazioss.asp) Group Buy.
Below its terms and conditions.

Start: September 16, 2004
Duration: 1 month. It ends on October 17, 2004
Product: Spazio for SAWStudio 1.0.1
Delivery: download link

to join the Group Buy it is necessary to pay an entry fee of $99 USD which is the minimum amount the product will cost you;
If 41 buyers or more are reached, you will need no additional payment;
The final payment will be the difference between the entry fee and the final price. The final price is showed on the table below and depends on the amount of buyers that will take part in the Group Buy;
By paying the entry fee, you agree to wait until October 18th to receive a link for the final payment. Only after we receive this payment, we will send the product via a download link;
Both the entry fee and the final payment constitute a purchase. We will not issue any refund. Please download, install, and try the demo version of the software before ordering.
The current original price of the product is $199 USD.

http://www.anwida.com/images/misc/as_spazioss_gb.gif

An example:
Imagine we have reached only 8 buyers: the discount would be 20% and the final price (entry fee + final payment) would be $159.00 USD, so the final payment due would be $60.00 USD.

We will daily post on http://www.anwida.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35 reporting the number of actually participating buyers, the current discount and the price.
Therefore you can just follow the thread and place your order when the price is right for you.

You can get further information on how to join the Group Buy on http://www.anwida.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35.

If you have any questions or doubts, please post them there (http://www.anwida.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35).

TotalSonic
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
SAWyers -
Just wanted to state that imnsho that Spazio is definitely a must have as far as reverb - fully automateable, very versatile, and ultra smooth. between that and SIR I think you really can get all bases covered.

Andrea - thanks for making this available at a discount.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Carl G.
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
I've emailed them about some automation plugin display inconsistancies...(on the demo). Have you experienced such?
The screen won't show saved automation...if playback is started after automation change. It WILL play it correctly...but won't display it correctly.
Same goes for automation saved thru SS presets. But even happens when starting cursor before point where the automation SS-load occured.
Kinda like a "I hear it.... but I don't see it" thing.
Carl

Carey Langille
09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
WOW, $99.00 Thats Awesome... This is one HOT reverb unit folks... At a low price like that, you would be crazy not to jump onboard. Anwida has show us great support by designing new NATIVE plugins of the Highest quality, so lets support them so they can make more great plugins... I guess if they see theres no one buying , they might not make anymore, and THAT , my friends would be a Travisty!!!. :D

Bob L
09-16-2004, 05:33 PM
This is a generous offer from Anwida... I would personally recommend all SAWStudio users to jump on in and support their effots in making wonderful native plugs for our environment.

These are my most used plugins, outside of my own. :)

Bob L

SoundSuite
09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Andrea,

...any thoughts on doing the same principle on the Native Bundle including Spazio for SAWStudio + Native Modulation Pack for SAWStudio?

Granted, separating the purchases will separate the group discount(s), however, If I took the opportunity you have graciously given to pick up Spazio in the offer by itself, it might $hurt$ to get the Modulation pack separatley later vs waiting and getting the bundle with all your goodies at a later date.

My delimma:
NMP = $150 (a la carte')
Spazio, assuming we have 41+ offer takers = $99
Total = $249 (I did well, saved $10 vs Native Bundle price)

21-40 = $119 + $150 = $269 (spent more)
11-20 = $139 + $150 = $289 (spent more)
etc..

I'd love to take advantage of your offer and no offense is intended by this post.
I, as well as others here, appreciate greatly what you are doing, but I don't want to bite myself in the end.

I hope that made sense?

ps. any news on a multi-band compressor native for SAWStudio yet?

Craig Allen
09-16-2004, 07:27 PM
I have to agree with SoundSuite here - I have the bundle on my list of things to purchase (and it's getting higher on the list all the time - I was planning to buy it next month after I sold some more stuff on eBay) and honestly, the group buy probably won't save me any money - it might even make it cost more.

I do appreciate the attention you've given the SAW community, Andrea, and I am planning to support your efforts - it's just a thought.

Alex_G
09-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Andrea,

Any chance you could offer Native Bundle as a Group Buy?

Thanks for all your efforts, I really appreciate it.

Regards

Alex

UpTilDawn
09-16-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm all for supporting Anwida as well.....

My dilemma being I've already bought the native mod bundle including spazio and I really don't want to have to buy it twice, if you see what I mean. ;)

Great products...... well worth the money regardless of the promotion.

Andrea Forlani
09-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Dear All,

thank you for the positive feedback to the group buy :)
If this promotion will have the expected success, we will be very glad to offer a new group buy for the Native Modulation Pack for SAWStudio.

The prices that we will apply are:

1 to 5 buyers --> $135.00 USD
6 to 10 buyers --> $120.00 USD
11 to 20 buyers --> $105.00 USD
21 to 40 buyers --> $90.00 USD
41+ buyers --> $75.00 USD

Therefore, also with a small number of buyers, the applied discount will be greater than the one now possible with the Native Bundle for SAWStudio.

Daily reports here (http://www.anwida.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35).

Carey Langille
09-17-2004, 04:07 AM
WOW... Very Generous!! Nows the Time to Jump on board!! These plugins will be staples in your daily audio world!

Carl G.
09-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Great offer!
I'll check out the demo and would love to support native plugin development.
Carl G.

Craig Allen
09-17-2004, 01:18 PM
I appreciate the offers, but I think I'm going to have to pass at this time. I was planning on buying the native bundle, and I need it before 10/2, so I can't afford to wait unit the group buy is over. I will probably still just buy at regular bundle price, but I have a couple of concerns with Spazio. I played around with the demo a little today, and to my surprise, it was a bit of a CPU hog on my test machine (PIII 700MHz). Both the Studio Reverb on HD presets and the JMS Freeverb were only using 6% CPU resources, but Spazio was using 17%. Since my next major project will involve live mixing with Studio, CPU usage is a major consideration. Are these typical results that other users are seeing?

Carey Langille
09-17-2004, 01:43 PM
On my P3 866 net computer i get Studio reverb, 5% and Spazio at 9%... Not much difference for such a NICE reverb... For a LIVE machine, you would have Tons of Power for a few sends of reverbs..... When i put my live computer together, it will be at least a 2.8ghz system... I bet Spazio doesnt even register on the meters.. :)

Craig Allen
09-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Carey for the response. I'll have to install the demo on my live laptop. It's a Toshiba 1.6Ghz Centrino and about everything I've thrown at it, it's handled with flying colors. I'll play with it some this weekend.

Andrea Forlani
09-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Buck, here are my Spazio for SAWStudio CPU use stats:

ROOM/HALL/GATE/INVERSE: 6%
PLATE: 7%

1 Spazio for SS instance on a 2.4 GHz Compaq Presario laptop.

Craig Allen
09-17-2004, 04:17 PM
On the laptop, I'm getting about 6-7% max, so it's not bad on there. But Studio reverb and JMS' Studio Freeverb are only at 1%, so I'm leaning toward those as live reverbs. But that means I won't need Spazio by 10/2, so I probably will get in the group buy now.

Naturally Digital
09-26-2004, 09:17 PM
ps. any news on a multi-band compressor native for SAWStudio yet?
The latest information on this topic can be read on the ANWIDA forum:

http://www.anwida.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

BTW: The Spazio group buy seems to have stalled. :confused:

I already bought it or else I'd be in. :p

Dave.

TotalSonic
09-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Just in case people don't bother to click thru I'll post what is on the other end of the link

We would be glad to keep on developing new products for the professional world of SAWStudio. Unfortunately at the current state, despite the extremely good comments on our products, this is not possible due to the unsatisfying results of our sales.
So far we invested several months of work on the SAWStudio plug-ins developing, but now we are forced to focus on other projects.
Frankly we expected more.
Anyway, we will continue to support and improve both Spazio and the NTMP for SAWStudio.
If the conditions will change, we will be glad to reconsider our position.

Best regards

'tis a shame - but based on market size it might be expected - VST / DX / AU / RTAS / TDM development simply has a much broader user base and it makes sense for commercial developers to focus on these standards.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
09-26-2004, 10:02 PM
It doesnt seem their DX sales are doing too well either....

I guess this means we can expect to see VST versions of anwida plugins soon?

Bob L
09-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Its a shame that the SAWStudio community just did not jump on board quick enough. Too much hemming and hawing around...

Its sad to say, but some money has to change hands to keep these things alive... that's just the way of our world.

There really is no logical excuse for the lack of Anwida sales support... I see people here all excited to buy yet another $1000 UAD bundle... when the Anwida plugs were native and very nicely designed and supported... all that was needed was a little support...

Bob L

TotalSonic
09-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Well it doesn't seem as if the door is closed and the bridge is burned - I think if Anwida saw an immediate response with increased sales they might reconsider.

Seriously - Spazio is a mighty mighty nice verb - the Native Modulation Pack offers some serious effects power (love doing automations with the filter for some cool dj acid stylee psychedelization) - both are highly recommended.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Naturally Digital
09-26-2004, 10:22 PM
'tis a shame - but based on market size it might be expected - VST / DX / AU / RTAS / TDM development simply has a much broader user base and it makes sense for commercial developers to focus on these standards.
Yes, "to be expected" however, I'm not so sure it has to be that way. I think it depends what your expectations are. I mean, give it some time... It isn't like they are depending on native SAWStudio plugins for their entire cashflow. It is possible to manage multiple projects and keep them all moving forward.

Writing plugins these days is almost like writing tunes... How do you get yourself a "hit"? What does it take for something to become a 'must-have'? What do people really need? What if you bring out a 'flop'?

I bought the ANWIDA products to support them. I really don't use the modulation pack for much of my work but they filled a need within SAWStudio. Were they perfectly suited to my tastes in plugins? No. (the interface is too small for my liking) Did I buy them anyway? Yes.

We use native SAWStudio plugins that haven't been updated for years. They just work. Same goes for many of my Mixtreme plugins. They ain't broke, so no fixes come out. They still sell to this day and they still sound good. The cost to maintain those products is next to nil for the developer. Write it, get it working, put it out there and promote it. If you price it right, it can be a no-brainer. If people stop to consider whether they really "need" it or not, well, it's going to come under more scrutiny.

I'm disappointed. I was hoping to see more developers jump on board, not jump-ship. Makes me wish for more plugins from Bob. His plugins work very well.

Who knows, I'm sure others will come along who're willing to "take a chance" on SAWStudio. Besides, I enjoy figuring out ways to "do it in SAWStudio" anyway.

Dave.

TotalSonic
09-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Yes - support definitely goes both ways between developer and user - but in essence Anwida is the first commercial plugin developer to hop on board the SAW API. Jon Marshall Smith (JMS Audioware), Greg Head (brainspawn) & Rail Rogut all are SAW users who developed stuff for their own use and then got some extra lunch money from making it available to the rest of us - but from my perception I don't think they started development with the ultimate motive of profit - just to make cool toys to take care of their own needs. Anyway - the plugin market is very saturated right now and tons of great stuff is freeware (i.e. I have a feeling a lot of SAW users are fairly content with things like SIR and the JMS Freeverb) so any new plugin with a price tag is definitely a tough sell these days.

afaik - Jon is currrently very busy with his band, Greg has focused his recent development on the Forte DXi/VSTi host, & Rail is busy with sessions - so it seems to me what we really need is some SAW users with coding experience to get the plugin writing "bug" to fill the void (note to Robert Randolph: nudge, nudge, hint hint).

Unfortunately - I know nothing about programming besides making up an occasional macro - and I really have no desire to furhter fragment my lifes focus by learning how to. But I am definitely willing to send cash to those who do!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
09-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Dont worry, a few people know already but there is a new Compressor VST due out in a few months with a simultaneous port to SS native format (and yes, a new shade.. I beleive I showed one person) The VST already went out in beta, and Im redoing the UI heavily as well as optimizing the DSP routines :) Trying to compete with saw's native compressor with my own personal desire for a more dirty/hard vca (1176 style sorta) compressor.... and it will be 100% free. (http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53575&start=0 it's free, so hope the link isnt minded)

last night I began investigating making a "scrub" plugin from all the requests and my own personal desire for it... but it looks to be in the distant future till I can get the rest of this sorted. Also, no rewire :-\ Im going for another grab at it in a few months if Bob hasnt done it by then... have a new trick up my sleeve to get their attention ;)

It's a total mindf*ck(selfcensored) for me to hop back and forth between asm, C and C++ then between win32, JUCE, SAW api, VST, AU, DirectSound around around in circles... and Im just now getting around to using C++ completely (rather than just hacking together stuff C-style to work ;))

it's a giant mindgame... and in between all that Im still actually working live shows, recording and working sample libraries for Lastufka Libraries so... time time time, always wish I had more.

I can honestly see Anwida's problem, developing for a forma that has minimal users is a pain. Hopefully they will make their own development library that allows easy porting between formats... Then simply release the same plugin in 2-4 formats and gain sales from ALL the users. Developing for one format is not a money making venture at all... even VST unless you're doing something the market is currently hyping. Since we're not in the 90's anymore... no more market hype for reverbs and modulations. These days everyone is freaking about compressors and limiters. Next decade probabaly something new...

All in all, Id love to directly support Anwida but... Im too busy working to go out grabbing all sorts of new toys... I love to think about it in my spare time, but realistically it's just a pipedream. Until I run into a problem anwida's software can fix, I cant justify spending money on it. I was a beta tester and I even removed the beta (and subsequent updates) because i didnt feel right using software I didnt pay for...

TotalSonic
09-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Robert -
Looks very very cool - and would definitely fulfill a need. Only thing I can say by glancing at the gui that it would be mighty nice to have knobs for input attenuation and, more importantly, make up gain. Thanks for planning on a SAW port and still making it free!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Mountain Media
09-27-2004, 04:11 AM
Maybe, some of what is happening with ANWIDA SS Group Buy support is what happened with me. I bought the Native Bundle (Mod & Spazio) just a few days before they announced the Group Buy. I even asked, if my buy could count with the group, not expecting any discount, but to help the group price. They said that it could not, because they would have to do the same for all other buyers prior to the group announce. I guess I can understand that, but maybe the majority of folks that were really going to use it, already had made the 'plunge'.

Actually, I will probably never use the Modulation functions, but decided to opt for the Bundle, to support a developer supporting SS. I'm sorry to hear things seem to be cooling in their SS support push - though, again, I guess I can understand. After all, no matter how 'fun' - business IS business!! ;)

Perry
09-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Mmmm... I'm sorry to see this news from ANWIDA. FWIW, I have been planning to buy the SAWStudio "Bundle".... at some point. When I looked at this "group buy" thing, the first thing I did was compare that to the bundle price. The bundle is more to my liking. I actually didn't see until just now that there was the offer for a second "group buy" ..... if the first one panned out that is.

I don't know... Personally I figured I'd just go straight in and pay my money when I'm ready and get the stuff. I did (and still do) appreciate the offer though and I have tried the reverb demo and it *is* nice. I haven't given the modulation pack much of a trial run, but having something like this that is native to SAWStudio and automatable certainly should be a good thing to have. So... the bundle is on my list! I do plan to get to it.

But right now, I've just purchased a 23 inch Apple Cinema that busted my budget for the moment... Big Time.... as well as MWS just recently and a few other things... like the 4.0 upgrade for EDL Convert Pro, and the TC Intonator for some of those clients of mine that can't keep a tune! :D Mmmmm... this stuff never ends. I love it all of course, but some day I'd actually like to make some money! :eek: :)

And another UAD-1? Yep, I definitely want one of those too. A second card added to the same machine only requires the "Project Pak" and Bayview has those for $399.00. This will essentially double the number of UA plug-ins available on one machine. That's a lot of 1176's (or whatever you like).

So, that's on my list too... but unfortunately I can't buy it either right at this moment. In fact... Oh My! Where has the time gone??? It's almost the first of the month! I've got rent to pay!!! Anyone want to buy some cheap studio time? :rolleyes: :)

All the best,

Perry

AudioAstronomer
09-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Robert -
Looks very very cool - and would definitely fulfill a need. Only thing I can say by glancing at the gui that it would be mighty nice to have knobs for input attenuation and, more importantly, make up gain. Thanks for planning on a SAW port and still making it free!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

UI is already completely changed.

Carey Langille
09-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Hey Robert, Do you need any more testers???

Naturally Digital
09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
So, that's on my list too... but unfortunately I can't buy it either right at this moment. In fact... Oh My! Where has the time gone??? It's almost the first of the month! I've got rent to pay!!! Anyone want to buy some cheap studio time? :rolleyes: :)
I'll trade ya...? ;)

I'm really not sure what the 'hurry' is from the gentlemen at AnwidaSoft. I can only surmise that they are experiencing a bit of a cash crunch and were hoping for big things from us. If I'm out of line here, just say so but I've been confused by their sales strategies. I can't say it doesn't bother me a little to see price reductions for plugins that I purchased very recently. It's really no big deal because I DO empathize with them. However, it sets a tone IMO.

Believe me, I get excited about things like this. If I can afford it I'll jump on board for something I don't really need, only to show my support! I'm trying to curb that habit however as I've been self-employed for a year now and money (or credit) isn't exactly plentiful...

If we stop to think about it, things are pretty cool nowadays. It's comforting to know that there are good plugins out there and that we can purchase and download them in a matter of minutes. We can play around with a demo (ahead of time) to get familiar with a tool and then wait... When the time comes... we find ourselves needing that tool, then BAM! Out comes the ccrd, online we go and after a quick install we can get the job done. There is a certain comfort in that. Yes, there are 'certain' situations where the products are suddenly no longer available and we're hooped (such as with Sonitus) but for the most part, the web is a big fileserver. The stuff just sits there waiting for us to have a need. Very convenient.

At this point, I'm more worried about losing track of which plugins I've purchased. I can see the day when I mistakenly purchase something again that I got years earlier. It calls for a pretty organized approach... or else you streamline things and only buy what you really need.

Pricing is a sensitive issue. As Steve has mentioned, the market is saturated with plugins. How does a developer decide what their stuff is 'worth'? When you can buy a hardware effect unit for the same price as a set of plugins, where's the value? I've said this before... There are some key price points that just 'work'.

I'm intrigued by this. Perhaps I'm being a little too outspoken about this. With all due respect to Massimiliano and Andrea, I'm not sure what they expected. We're not going anywhere. There are new users coming on board all the time.

Intrigued maybe isn't the right word. Confused is more like it. I'm wondering 'what happened'? I sure hope piracy isn't part of the problem. That would be very sad indeed.

All I can say is this: Guys, hang in there! Give us something we really need. Something we can't live without. I'm sure we'll beat a path to your virtual door!

In the meantime, I've been thinking of picking up one of their graphic EQ's. Purely for the fun of it. :)

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. It isn't intended that way.

OK. Back to work!
Dave.

Naturally Digital
09-27-2004, 11:13 AM
and it will be 100% free. (http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53575&start=0 it's free, so hope the link isnt minded)
Robert, I'm curious to know (if you don't mind sharing, for the sake of discussion)... what are your reasons for making it free?

Thanks,
Dave.

Craig Allen
09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Its a shame that the SAWStudio community just did not jump on board quick enough. Too much hemming and hawing around...

Its sad to say, but some money has to change hands to keep these things alive... that's just the way of our world.

There really is no logical excuse for the lack of Anwida sales support... I see people here all excited to buy yet another $1000 UAD bundle... when the Anwida plugs were native and very nicely designed and supported... all that was needed was a little support...

Bob L
Obviously, the UAD bundle offered more value than the Anwida plugins did to the users who decided to buy them. While the demos of the Anwida plugs sound good and appear to be nice, they simply are not what I need now. And I don't buy what I don't need. Period. I 'support' charities I feel are worthwhile - and I do this a lot. I do not 'support' music software manufacturers - I do business with the ones I decide to.

If Anwida had asked beforehand what plugin I would be willing to buy, it would have been a resonably priced ($200 range) multiband compressor. I think that during the years of being a Studio user, that has been the single most requested native plugin. They should have been listening to that.

As far as reverb goes, I've got the Studio Reverb, SIR, and Studio Freeverb when I need automation - all of which work well. When I looked into their verb, I found it to be a CPU hog (Studio Reverb and Studio Freeverb 2%/Anwida 9%) - more than 4x the resources of the others (SIR not included in this test). It was for a Live machine, so every bit counts.

Modulation effects? I don't need them. When I did, I was going to buy the bundle. But, not until I did.

Just because we're a tight little community, it doesn't mean I'm going to throw my money at anything with 'SAWStudio' written on it - I'm smarter than that and I think most of the contributors here are too. If they require the tool, or feel it would bring some value to them, then they will buy. If not, they won't.

Don't blame the lack of sales on the users - it's not their fault.

AudioAstronomer
09-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Robert, I'm curious to know (if you don't mind sharing, for the sake of discussion)... what are your reasons for making it free?

Thanks,
Dave.

I dont like using Anwida's thread for this discussion of my own work (did so very bedgrudgingly earlier in the thread) ... please PM me instead or start a new thread :)

Carey Langille
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
I would say thats more than enough guys.....

Anwida has done a great job with all the plugins they have designed... PERIOD.. And they have also shown that they work like bob does, they listen to the user and make changes based on needs.. Thats worth TONS to me...If you dont want or like them, well, thats your opnion and choice, if Anwida doesnt feel its work supporting the platform anymore, or HOPE that enough people might buy the NEXT plugin they spend many hours coding thats THEIR choice... And for what its worth, Trueverb is a CPU HOG!! ReverbX is a CPU HOG, Anwida at 9% for an amazing sounding reverb, thats not a hog to me. IMHO

P.S. - They are Human beings too..With feelings and the ability to Read our forum... Please be a bit nicer.. I dont see any harsh comments from them on this forum.... :(

Craig Allen
09-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I would say thats more than enough guys.....

Anwida has done a great job with all the plugins they have designed... PERIOD..
I never said they didn't.

And they have also shown that they work like bob does, they listen to the user and make changes based on needs.. Thats worth TONS to me...If you dont want or like them, well, thats your opnion and choice, if Anwida doesnt feel its work supporting the platform anymore, or HOPE that enough people might buy the NEXT plugin they spend many hours coding thats THEIR choice...
If you read my post, you would see my choice to not buy them had nothing to do with 'like' or 'want' - it has to do with needing them. I actually liked what I heard and probably will purchase them when a need arises, but I don't require a verb or modulation plugs at this time.

And for what its worth, Trueverb is a CPU HOG!! ReverbX is a CPU HOG, Anwida at 9% for an amazing sounding reverb, thats not a hog to me. IMHO
When I was a beta tester for Waves, I saw significant increases in efficiency. The last version of TrueVerb I tested was about at 9% as well, however not on the same machine (an older one). Waves was very interested in the SAW platform before IQS went out of business. I haven't talked with anyone over there in years, however.

P.S. - They are Human beings too..With feelings and the ability to Read our forum... Please be a bit nicer.. I dont see any harsh comments from them on this forum.... :(
My comments are not directed at or about Anwida (with the exceptions of the efficiency and their decision to do modulation effects instead of a multiband compressor). My comments were in reply to Bob's message about the users who haven't bought them yet.

Bob L
09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Ok,

I agree... enough said...

I'm sad to see them moving on... but I say we should move on with this thread also. :)

The plugs are there when you want to buy them... they have just backed up from developing news ones due to the lack in sales... a very legitimate decision.

Bob L

Soverign State
09-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey,
I noticed this was a very touchy subject for SAW STUDIO users, but all is not lost because ONE company decided to stop making native plug-ins for SAW STUDIO. Look on the bright side ladies and gentleman.................you are working with the best native (no DSP cards required) DAW on the planet (I can say this because I have used Acid, Vegas, Traction, Samplitube, Cool Edit Pro, Orion, FL Studio, Cubase, and the 600 pound gorilla................PROTOOLS). Hopefully other companies will step up and fill the void that ANWIDA has created. No disrespect to ANWIDA, because their SPAZIO and MODULATION PACK sounds excellent. It's a good thing that they will still be available for users to purchase when THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL USER. I personally would like to see that void filled by VOXENGO. I think VOXENGO has the best sounding, lower cost plugins on the market (their elephant is just plain ridiculous for $69). There are others........Spin Audio, Kjaerhus Audio, Delay Dots..............(I could go on forever). Diamond bundle for $10,000.............entry level HD-1 for $8,000..........that's RAPE AND ROBBERY AT THE SAME TIME.
Just one man's opinion........................................... .......... :cool:

Carl G.
10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
The main reason I didn't buy the Spazio reverb is the automation 'bug' I found...
they couldn't duplicate, and I didn't have time to it work with it yet.

It's a shame that such a good 'real' 3rd party developer is leaning the way of non native support. Robert's idea of porting to diff formats seems like a logical choice...but I wonder if automation moves would still be available.

Carl

Carl G.
10-01-2004, 11:44 AM
my own personal desire for a more dirty/hard vca (1176 style sorta) compressor.... and it will be 100% free. ...
Robert,

Any chance you want to have an option to leave the 'dirty' out of 'hard vca'?
I've always felt, though hard kneed, the 1176 was a fairly "clean" limiter.

Carl

Bob L
10-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Reverb automation is pretty much a non-needed feature in my opinion... set up a few verbs on different Return tracks and use the sends to change from one chamber to the next.

Except for an extreme special effect... I can't imagine why you would feel the need to automate some reverb setting...

Changing chambers midstream is not really something that happens in everyday mixes... even complex ones.

If there does need to be some super special bazzar effect, simply drop that small region of sound to a new track and have the reverb effect patched and preset to go.

Just my opinion... not having automation on my reverb plug has certainly never stopped me from getting some great sounding mixes with it. :)

Bob L

Craig Allen
10-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Reverb automation is pretty much a non-needed feature in my opinion... set up a few verbs on different Return tracks and use the sends to change from one chamber to the next.

I agree completely with this during a mixdown project, but in Live mode, would the multiple reverbs eat away at resources or are the reverbs completely out of the loop if there is no sends going to them?

Dave Labrecque
10-01-2004, 03:02 PM
You can even use a single return with several reverb modules patched, automating which are on/off at any given time.

Dave Labrecque
10-01-2004, 03:04 PM
If it's a problem you can automate them off-line when they're not being used. Even if they're all sharing a single return.

Bob L
10-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Craig,

Obviously, all patched and active reverbs will be eating away cpu resources...

Bob L

Craig Allen
10-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I wasn't sure if they would when no data was being passed to them. Thanks for clarifying that.

Naturally Digital
10-01-2004, 09:30 PM
My apologies for raising questions on some of these things... I played a pretty decent round of golf this pm and I'm still a little charged up. The "fall" weather we're having in Toronto is just amazing! We're very lucky this year. :)

Except for an extreme special effect... I can't imagine why you would feel the need to automate some reverb setting...
What about for a TV show, advertisement or documentary/film?

Dave.

Bob L
10-01-2004, 09:32 PM
We do this kind of thing a lot around here... I still personally have never had to automate a reverb adjustment... I simply automate what gets sent to them and how much and when.

Bob L

Mountain Media
10-02-2004, 03:13 AM
We do this kind of thing a lot around here... I still personally have never had to automate a reverb adjustment... I simply automate what gets sent to them and how much and when.

Bob LThe times I've had to 'automate' reverb has been when a director or artist has wanted a little more reverb on the tail of a selection that had natural (or added) 'verb on the entire piece. When this happens, I dup the end of the track on another track, time syncing it, and add whatever needs to be added to this track - then automate the fade-in at just the right place, to make it work the way the client wants. I've found that once you've got the sound right, playing with automating the correct timing and fade-in level is pretty easy, compared to what I think it would be to play with automating the correct verb sound as well as timing and fade-in, in my opinion.