PDA

View Full Version : Mixdown questions.....

bertie
09-17-2004, 08:53 AM
hi Bob, :)

I noticed that when i strech e.g the 5min. wave file down to e.g. 1min. the SAWStudio does the mixdown of the entire 5min. wave file, 1min. is audiable and the rest 4min is blank :confused: Why?
This does not happen when i strech and then highlight the wave file!
When i strech the wave file down to 1min. and then highlight the wave file the SAWStudio does the mixdown properly 1min. of the wave file.
Is this by design or else.....? :confused:

Also, when i do a mixdown of the session, during the process i hit 'Enter' to minimize the SAWStudio and when i restore my SAWStudio and when the mixdown is finished the SoundFileView does not appear to show me the completed mixdown.
NOTE: Sometimes during the mixdown when i minimize and restore my SAWStudio the mixdown progress bar dissapeares! :confused:

Bertie, (v3.7b)

Bob L
09-17-2004, 09:31 AM
SAWStudio will mix the entire length of the session, including any lead-in blank time if you do not have a marked area.

The region lengths themselves do not control the length of the session... the placement on the timeline determine how long the session is.

If SAWStudio is minimized when the mixdown finishes, the SoundFile view can not display if it was not originally visible. When you restore, the views should restore as they last were. Use an Fkey to change to a view with the soundfile active and you will see your mixdown wav file. If this is important to you, switch to a visible SoundFile view before starting the mixdown.

I can minimize and restore dozens of times here during a long mixdown without loosing my progress bar... how exactly do I recreate the dissapearing behaviour?

Bob L

MMP
09-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Also, any automation data beyond the last audio region can cause a mix to be extended.

MM