PDA

View Full Version : Extract Session (in Basic)

johnblatt
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi,
I recently bought SawStudio basic, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Being a user of SAW programs for over 10 years, it was pretty easy for me to figure things out and get up and running. And the archives of this forum and the SS videos have helped a lot also. One function I've found that I could really use a lot is extract session, but unfortunately it doesn't exist in Basic (I know, I should buy lite or full, which I will probably do eventually). I can work around this by splitting and deleting regions in the big session, and then save and trim session. Are there any other tricks you guys have figured out to do this?
Thanks-
John B.

bcorkery
05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
John,

Sometimes it's as easy to save as another edl and just delete the regions not associated with that project. When you're ready to archive the entire thing, you can save and trim.

Another great tool is Rail's EDL Investigaror. I use this one all the time!

johnblatt
05-01-2007, 03:39 PM
John,

Sometimes it's as easy to save as another edl and just delete the regions not associated with that project. When you're ready to archive the entire thing, you can save and trim.

Another great tool is Rail's EDL Investigaror. I use this one all the time!
Thanks,
Can you perform this function with EDL Investigator?
-JB

bcorkery
05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry John. I got distracted by WORK!!! It always seems to get in the way. :)

I meant to post a link before I submitted. Here (http://www.railjonrogut.com/edlmainpage.html) it is. The program makes it easy to archive, it's even tighter than the built in SAW trimmer. It will let you convert to and from Sound Forge, make sound files from regions, change file paths and more. Check it out. It will move a session and adjust the paths in the process so when you open it up on a new drive, it's already been repathed. I use it to archive everything. My wife's on drive J: somewhere.