PDA

View Full Version : Bob, How do you promote SAW?

mghtx
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I "found" SS on another forum. I think it was the Pro Tools forum and somebody mentioned it. So I went to the website and started learning about it. Seems most learn of Saw through word-of-mouth which is great but do you do any advertising? I know you just did NAB.

I would love to see some magazine reviews. I like Sound-on-Sound and would like to see them review it. By the way, how did NAB go?

Thanks.

mghtx
05-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Yo.

Burkeville
05-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I don't think you get reviews unless you advertise with the magazine.

mghtx
05-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah that's the thing I bet. Oh well, let them eat Pro Tools! ( er, I mean cake!)

Bob L
05-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Magazine ads are very expensive, especially to keep ads running for many months or years, which seems to be what needs to happen in order to get results.

Unfortunately, it seems pretty evident that promotion of products by the magazines go hand in hand with the product's advertising budget... oh well.

I have been approached about a few possible reviews and steps have been taken to make that possible... let's see if any of the mags actually come through... I am hopeful.

At this time, SAWStudio is being promoted through the help and support of our VIP Affiliates, the forums that have supported SAWStudio during my public absence, this new forum, and the word of mouth and ear of the users doing great work with the product and getting others excited about what they are doing.

There is an ever growing buzz about SAWStudio out there and I am doing everything I can, as a single artist promoting his art, to be there to help everyone with a desire to learn more about it.

NAB went fine... it was an intimate setting for me, sharing a booth, and doing personal demonstrations for small groups of 3-6 people at a time. It was fun to see industry people I have'nt seen for a few years and to spread the word about the growth of SAW into SAWStudio. I believe many people were introduced to the new and powerful possiblities that SAWStudio makes possible.

We'll see where it goes from here. :)

Bob L

mghtx
05-29-2004, 05:59 AM
Very good. Thanks, Bob.