PDA

View Full Version : Program start - active window...

Yura
09-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Bob,
Again my great thanks to people and to you for I have my desired magic in my hands - MWS!

now I have one little question about F-key.

I designed my F12 key the way I must have MWS MT window to be active among all others, and saved as default. I activated f-key link to SAW' f-key too.
but after SAW starts I notice MWS MT is not active and I cannot make it being active with no one way. Is it conceived so?

Yours

Bob L
09-24-2004, 06:24 PM
I suggest linking to SAW Alt-Fkeys.

Then you can have the normal F-Keys be all default SAWStudio workspaces... and the Alt-FKeys arranged to fit the MWS in place with no overlaps.

In this manner, using the Alt-FKey on my rig activates the MWS MT which was the active window when I created the MWS keys.

Bob L

Carlos Mills
09-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Hi Yura,

Bob,
Again my great thanks to people and to you for I have my desired magic in my hands - MWS!

now I have one little question about F-key.

I designed my F12 key the way I must have MWS MT window to be active among all others, and saved as default. I activated f-key link to SAW' f-key too.
but after SAW starts I notice MWS MT is not active and I cannot make it being active with no one way. Is it conceived so?

Yours

When you save any FKey View, it also saves the active window.

Yura
09-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Bob,

I can re-formulate my question now.

after all those actions:

when SAWStudio starts up
when restoring after minimizing
when after communication with any dialogue message -

the MWS turns to inactive state no matter of the fact it was active before those operations.
I've noticed it finaly when worked with the manual of MWS and time after time had to return to my MWS. On returning I always need to click on MWS window to make it active again. Is that designed so?

By way, thank you for amazing tutorials. I'v reached to the end now!

UpTilDawn
09-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Yura,
Same thing happens when you minimize from the MT view.
Instead of clicking with the mouse to reactivate, I just hit an f-key (even the same one as before I minimized) and the preset active window is reactivated again.

Maybe this will help?
DanT

Bob L
09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Its actually very complex to chase down the active window sometimes in Windows, when other apps (that includes dialog message boxes) grab the focus.

You also need to realize that the MWS and the Video Viewer and plugins are considered separate apps from SAWStudio proper. They all handle their own window functions and commands.

So, as many times as I have tried to take control of the active window focus, as soon as Windows takes over for a moment, the return back to the last active window is not always easily found.

I have to say, that a mouse click after some of the operations that steal the window focus is not such a horrible fate. :)

You all have given me enough stuff to chase down to fill many lifetimes... how about letting me spend my time on more important things than this.

Bob L

Yura
09-25-2004, 03:48 AM
OK, all is clear now.

You all have given me enough stuff to chase down to fill many lifetimes... how about letting me spend my time on more important things than this.

Bob L

Exactly so, agree. It's so easy to loose the feeling of reality with your stuff here :)

Yura,
Same thing happens when you minimize from the MT view.
Instead of clicking with the mouse to reactivate, I just hit an f-key (even the same one as before I minimized) and the preset active window is reactivated again.

Yes, I found if more usefull too.