PDA

View Full Version : Locate Feature Request

MMP
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Hello,

I would love it if the locate buttons not only saved where on the timeline you were, but also the hot track at the time of the save. Would anyone else find this of benefit?

Regards,

MM

Sean McCoy
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Only if it were optional. It would be quite annoying when doing extensive editing on a different set of tracks than you were working on when you created the locator if it kept changing your hot track every time you used it. You could, of course, re-save the locator, but I wonder if I wouldn't have killed myself before remembering to do that! Old habits, you know.

ambler
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I think that's a great idea, I would find it very useful as an option.

Mark

UpTilDawn
08-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I agree with Sean.... only if it were an option, not default. I can't recall a time when I've ever wanted this. I do wish there were more locators, however.

DanT

Carl G.
08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I would love it if the locate buttons not only saved where on the timeline you were, but also the hot track at the time of the save. Would anyone else find this of benefit?

Regards,

MM

I'm with Sean - great idea *as an option* - maybe an ALT click

.... or...
Another thought... A "Snapshot Locate Point (meaning when locate finds a desire point and hottrack it will also display the track layers as they all should be for that particular point.

Sean McCoy
08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I do wish there were more locators, however.
DanT
I'm actually fine with the 30 locators, but I'd like to see an option to show more of them in the currently unused area at the top of the multitrack.

UpTilDawn
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm actually fine with the 30 locators, but I'd like to see an option to show more of them in the currently unused area at the top of the multitrack.

Yeah... anything to keep from having to go to a menu is good to me.
I really like the list though and use it for logging multiple song locations from concert recordings.

I'd like to see all the lists, such as file view, locator menu, control track, etc. have the ability to copy to the windows clipboard for pasting into notepad, etc. I like the fact that the individual windows can be copy/pasted via alt/print screen without the entire screen view at least.

DanT