PDA

View Full Version : Studio Crashing While Extracting

Sean McCoy
08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
This is my first time using extraction. Crashing consistently about a quarter of the way through the process. Any known, specific gotchas in an EDL that will cause this? This one has five avi files and is at 23.976, if that matters.

Craig Allen
08-31-2007, 08:34 PM
It could be from a plug in. Do you have any that are automated to come on at a certain point?

Sean McCoy
08-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, I completely cleared all plugins and automation and it still crashes---same spot each time, too. There are mixed sample rates and a lot of softedges, if that could have any influence.

Bob L
09-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Check your softedges closely... make sure that any rising softedge does not extend past the region end boundary.... or any trailing softedge does not start before the region beg boundary.

This can occur when adjust region boundaries during editing after softedges have been created... if you find any, simply redo the softedge to fit the new region size.

Also... look at track labels and make sure they are not using punctuation... these are used for filenames and may be causing a crash if the resulting filename is not acceptable to Windows.

Bob L

bit
09-01-2007, 02:25 AM
I had a problem like this while using the save and trim command some time ago. It was caused by regions whos files are not found. Do you get any warnings about this while starting the session? I just thought this could be kind of a related task. Good Luck.

Bjorn