PDA

View Full Version : Gates > display issue

Ollie
09-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi,
I love the gates on SS and often use them by copying the track I want to gate to another Multi-trak track, then I nudge the new track slightly forward and use that to open the gate of the track I want to gate.

Here is the issue and it could only be my display issue. Once in a while, I will lose the ability to see the threshold lines. The function will not work. So far it appears random. If I futz with the track a bit sometimes the function will come back.

Bob and team, does this always work for you no problem. Have you ever had a problem where it works and then the ability to see the threshold lines goes away?

Thanks.

mikebuzz
09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I've had the same problem several time but never found a solution ????

BOB ???? :confused:

Later
Buzz

UpTilDawn
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I know that the guide lines won't show up on similar operations if the cursor is not over a region space..... make sure it's not setting in empty MT space between regions.

DanT

Bob L
09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Correct... the threshold lines must read region data beneath the cursor to function... they need to know whether the data is mono or stereo.

Bob L

Ollie
09-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. So the region the cursor should be in is on the track you are gating or is it the trigger for the gate?

Thanks again.

Jeff

Bob L
09-12-2007, 01:26 PM
You would want to set the threshold lines according to the data that is triggering, whether that is the gated track itself or a separate key track.

Bob L

Ollie
09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Okee Dokee,
Thanks Bob.

Dave Labrecque
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Correct... the threshold lines must read region data beneath the cursor to function... they need to know whether the data is mono or stereo.

Bob L

Great to know this. Always wondered, never found the time to "write it up" on the forum. If you can believe that. ;)