PDA

View Full Version : Importing Audio

Gary
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi All -

Just wondering if there is a way to import more than one audio file at a time in SS. I just had a customer come in with a Pro Tools session with a half dozen tunes. There were only eight tracks of .aif files per tune, (ah . . . Irish rock!) thankfully, but it still was a PITA to drop each clip into the TimeLine one at a time. Am I missing a function in SS?

Gary

Dave Labrecque
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi All -

Just wondering if there is a way to import more than one audio file at a time in SS. I just had a customer come in with a Pro Tools session with a half dozen tunes. There were only eight tracks of .aif files per tune, (ah . . . Irish rock!) thankfully, but it still was a PITA to drop each clip into the TimeLine one at a time. Am I missing a function in SS?

Gary
Yessir. Open the directory that all the audio is in in a Library View window. Place the cursor on the MT track and in the spot on the time line where you want to insert the files. Select all the files you want to import (in the Library View) -- say, the eight AIFs for the first song -- and hit your Insert key. The files import to the right and down from your insertion point. Cool, huh? :)

If you want to force all selected files to insert to the same track, sequentially, it's ctrl-Insert.

Gary
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Cool, huh? :)

Dave, Dave, Dave . . . . . Dave. If I had only asked two days ago. Thanks, Man!

Gary

Dave Labrecque
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Dave, Dave, Dave . . . . . Dave. If I had only asked two days ago. Thanks, Man!

Gary

If only my wife would talk to me that way. :p

My plezhah. :)

bcorkery
10-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Love that Library!!
Lot's of other lovable stuff in SAW too!

Like Dave's wife. Oh, did I say that out loud? :o

Dave Labrecque
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Love that Library!!
Lot's of other lovable stuff in SAW too!

Like Dave's wife. Oh, did I say that out loud? :o

It's that hand-crafted assembly language. Women can't resist it, ya know. :p

bcorkery
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
:D :) :D

studio-c
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
If only my wife would talk to me that way. :p

My wife does.

"I asked TWO DAYS AGO!" <SFX-frying pan hitting head>

Tonight I am littering the landscape with OT sh*t. I'll go now.

Dave Labrecque
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
My wife does.

"I asked TWO DAYS AGO!" <SFX-frying pan hitting head>

Tonight I am littering the landscape with OT sh*t. I'll go now.

May I suggest some oh two? That smoke inhalation is a b*tch. Power tools and motorized vehicles are right out.

Gary
10-29-2007, 08:08 AM
It's that hand-crafted assembly language. Women can't resist it, ya know. :p

Tell me about it . . . my wife just signed up for an Assembly Language Visa! There goes the C++ children's trust funds.

Gary