PDA

View Full Version : Couple of requests-okay, 3

jazzboxmaker
12-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Bob, know you're busy but wonder if you'ld consider these requests in order of lunacy:

1: ALT T= Set Tempo , would not be totally out of the blue cause CTRL T toggles time display mode. This would be really nice for folks who don't have MWS and use VSTi's to quickly adjust tempo

2: RETAKE ALL puts cursor at "Home" Position ,00:00:00 on timeline. After erasing everything on those tracks you probably want to start at the beginning and you have Retake to last record position already.

3: RETAKE ALL- when Dialog Box comes up to ask if you're really sure, the regions corresponding to the soundfiles getting wiped get "Highlighted"
I realize this one is probably a lot more work but would wake you up faster than a speed bump if you were asleep at the wheel. :eek:

Anyway, thanks for bothering to even read this!
Thanks for a great program too!

Hope you all have a Joyous Christmas :D

Bob L
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
And the list keeps on going... kind of like the EveryReady Bunny. :)

Bob L

jazzydaw
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Good luck with your request...
With a $100 in hand I've been waiting for
for AlphaTrack support for a year now.
Bob seems to work hard but it's in a
direction only he knows at a rate only he sets.
Why he puts up with us I'm not sure.
Why we put up with him.. SAW Studio.

James Murphree

TotalSonic
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Good luck with your request...
With a $100 in hand I've been waiting for
for AlphaTrack support for a year now. Bob seems to work hard but it's in a
direction only he knows at a rate only he sets.

Well, let's put ourselves in Bob's shoes for a second here. Start with having your house/home studio burn down, and then have the first set of contractors you hire to repair it be close to outright thieves, all the while you are trying to get your life back up and running. Follow this with a forum of some 1000 people all bugging you for one more thing or another and all asking why the update (which most likely is going to be given for free) isn't done. Shake and stir.

Why he puts up with us I'm not sure.

Cause he likes us! He really, really likes us. :D

Why we put up with him.. SAW Studio.

Yup - it still rocks my world.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

TotalSonic
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Bob, know you're busy but wonder if you'ld consider these requests in order of lunacy:

1: ALT T= Set Tempo , would not be totally out of the blue cause CTRL T toggles time display mode. This would be really nice for folks who don't have MWS and use VSTi's to quickly adjust tempo

Just a note that a key command short cut to Set Tempo would be appreciated by myself as well.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

DominicPerry
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Can we add the option of a second USB attached chinese keyboard and assign each of the 2000 possible characters to a command too. Then we could do away with the mouse and screen altogether.:D

Dominic

Perry
12-20-2007, 02:12 PM
My request to Bob is that he have a happy holiday season and that all the updates wait until next year... sincerely.

Perry

Dave Labrecque
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
2: RETAKE ALL puts cursor at "Home" Position ,00:00:00 on timeline. After erasing everything on those tracks you probably want to start at the beginning and you have Retake to last record position already.

Hmmm... if it's a guitar lead overdub for example, I think I'd find it a bit of a pain if the cursor jumped off the screen to the start of the song, rather than to the spot where the lead solo starts.

Also, if anyone's recording several songs along the timeline and updating the file name for each song, having the cursor snap back to the start of the MT would not be helpful.

Anyone else have any feelings about this? Please share.

I kinda like it the way it is. But, that's just me.

Jay Q
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I kinda like it the way it is.

:eek:

Dave Labrecque
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Can we add the option of a second USB attached chinese keyboard and assign each of the 2000 possible characters to a command too. Then we could do away with the mouse and screen altogether.:D

Dominic

LOL! :p The ultimate (-ly difficult) control surface! :p

Dave Labrecque
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
:eek:

Did I say that out loud? :p

TotalSonic
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Hmmm... if it's a guitar lead overdub for example, I think I'd find it a bit of a pain if the cursor jumped off the screen to the start of the song, rather than to the spot where the lead solo starts.

Also, if anyone's recording several songs along the timeline and updating the file name for each song, having the cursor snap back to the start of the MT would not be helpful.

I agree with you on this one.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Cary B. Cornett
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree with you on this one.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

"Me three!" (in agreement, that is) :)

mako
12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
>snip<
>snip<

This would be useful for me too - perhaps making it switchable would suit more users.

Thanks Bob

mako

lofi studios
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
can i just say that i vote for everything and am thankfull for anything

Happy Season!!

Iain

Carl G.
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
can i just say that i vote for everything and am thankfull for anything

Happy Season!!

Iain

Right!
Hey Bob!
I have a request.
How about you just having a wonderful holiday!
(you've helped give us a great year!)
Thanks!

jazzboxmaker
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM

Hmmm- I see your point though wouldn't Retake to Last Record Position... do this for you?

Not that big a deal for me. I guess it seemed more natural than the cursor staying at the end of what you just erased. Anyway Bob needs a vacation & like I said- Thanks for even reading this Bob:) Where else could I get great software and bend the author's ear?- Nowhere but here.

jazzboxmaker
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
And the list keeps on going... kind of like the EveryReady Bunny. :)

Bob L

Bob, we wouldn't keep asking if you didn't act like the EverReady Bunny:D

Dave Labrecque
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Hmmm- I see your point though wouldn't Retake to Last Record Position... do this for you?

Yes, that would be the work-around, but, no, ReTake to Last Rec Position wouldn't delete all the audio data in the file.

jazzboxmaker
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Yes, that would be the work-around, but, no, ReTake to Last Rec Position wouldn't delete all the audio data in the file.

OK- Vinny remember to rewind the tape:)

Dave Labrecque
12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
OK- Vinny remember to rewind the tape:)

RTZ makes it so much easier. ;)

bcorkery
12-23-2007, 09:10 AM

DominicDing Hao! :D

bcorkery
12-23-2007, 09:11 AM
My request to Bob is that he have a happy holiday season and that all the updates wait until next year... sincerely.

PerryHere here!!

Perry
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Here here!!

Ahhh.. finally! :) Thanks!

OK.. that's two votes that Bob take a holiday from all this.

And gee guys... just think if Bob got some rest and relaxation how he might feel early in the new year and all the energy he'd have to devote towards these requests?

It's been a good run... let's stop for a moment here at Christmas with all the 'gimme' and let Bob have some well deserved time off!

All the best, Merry Christmas!

Perry