PDA

View Full Version : Solo override mut?

Dan Hauck
12-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Is there any way to make the solo function override the mute? I often found this useful on SAW Pro whenever I needed to make comparisons between several tracks.

Thanks

Dan

lofi studios
12-26-2007, 12:10 PM
im watching this with batted breath

Carl G.
12-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Is there any way to make the solo function override the mute? I often found this useful on SAW Pro whenever I needed to make comparisons between several tracks.

Thanks

Dan

I like it the way it is because most all of the time when I mute something I don't want to 'hear any more about it' :)

Arco
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Try using Layers:

to compare options on one track put various takes on different layers. you can hot select different layers while the MT plays using the number keys making comparison easy.

you could put the muted tracks on layer 2 and select layer 1 so there will be nothing there to play. when you want to hear it make the track "hot" or select it and then just press number 2 and it will pop up and play.

there are probably other ways around this until Bob weighs in on the issue.

e

Dave Labrecque
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

You may want to see if hot track solo mode can assist you. Click on the solo light up top, then any track you click on gets solo'd. No need to mute any of them; all non-hot-track tracks mute automatically.

Bob L
12-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Just change the Solo Mode to Pre Fader in the Mixer menu.

Any time it's post fader it is also subject to the mute.

Bob L

Dan Hauck
12-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks, guys, and especially Bob. Cogent answers in spit of speling. I think my dogs were on my mind & I meant "mutt". No wonder my computer smells funny when it's wet.