PDA

View Full Version : MIDI capability

republik
12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Is there any way I can route a VSTi's midi out to another VSTi?

So far I am only able to select midi ports for playing the VSTi.

Also, are there any tools to adjust velocity and scale of the MIDI input? I need to be able to monitor this too...

DavidandMary
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey,

If you refer to the output of one VSTi to another as in one controller keyboard used to input data to two VSTi tracks then the answer is in right clicking on the REC button in the MIDI Workshop track. Choose the controller you need. The MIDI in each track, if routed correctly, works well in the MIDI WorkShop. You cannot have a controller assigned to one track and then have it control a VSTi at the same time. So, set the VSTi up with that virtual routing port and use the controller of your choice for that port.

Now, if you want the controller to trigger one VSTi and have that VSTi's MIDI go from its track into another VSTi track without copying the data manually, then that is something that I am unfamiliar with in any respect. I am unaware of any that could do this sort of thing. MIDI is just data so output is used to trigger keyboards or VSTi's which are act as the sound source. If you want, you can copy the data of one track to another very easily. Highlight the area you want to copy, control-click and then when you get to the new destination just tap the right mouse button and you got it. Route that track to any VSTi you wish and all is well. Pardon me if this post is to basic, it is possible that I did not truly understand your question.:)

republik
12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
What I want to use is a step sequencer VSTi, and send it's midi out to another VSTi (such as a sampler).

There are many VSTi's these days that produce their own midi output, and you can use it to control other VSTi's. Cubase lets you do this.

Bob L
12-31-2007, 06:03 PM
There is no internal routing of VST midi out data in SAWStudio directly... if the VST will let you assign a system midi port or virtual midi cable port, then perhaps you can do it that way.

Bob L