PDA

View Full Version : File View Refresh WPD Bug

Dave Labrecque
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I haven't seen this before. I just did a refresh of three audio files' WPDs using File view. But the waveforms in the MT did not update. They were updated when transferring the regions to the SF view, but he MT waveforms didn't update till I closed SS and went back in.

Might be related to the fact that these three audio files have the same name as three different audio files in the same EDL. Though, I wouldn't know how.

More on why I have such a file naming circumstance in another thread...

Just a heads up.

Carl G.
01-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I haven't seen this before. I just did a refresh of three audio files' WPDs using File view. But the waveforms in the MT did not update. They were updated when transferring the regions to the SF view, but he MT waveforms didn't update till I closed SS and went back in.

Might be related to the fact that these three audio files have the same name as three different audio files in the same EDL. Though, I wouldn't know how.

More on why I have such a file naming circumstance in another thread...

Just a heads up.

Dave,
After reading your other thread - your refresh here is not pointing to the right files - it seems.
I've been in your shoes before.
The cure is easy - just go about it a different way.
Move the whole project (including all files in Undo folder) to a new directory.
Then open the EDL - it will ask for the new path of all the files...
Simply choose the first file - as usual - the rest will be automatic for you.

Simple way out of the mess and back into the work!

Dave Labrecque
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Dave,
After reading your other thread - your refresh here is not pointing to the right files - it seems.
I've been in your shoes before.
The cure is easy - just go about it a different way.
Move the whole project (including all files in Undo folder) to a new directory.
Then open the EDL - it will ask for the new path of all the files...
Simply choose the first file - as usual - the rest will be automatic for you.

Simple way out of the mess and back into the work!

Kinda odd that the audio pointers updated for those regions, but not the waveform pointers. It sounded fine, just looked funny. :)

It was very easy to just close SAW and open it up again. Then all was okay.

Bob L
01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
If you had duplicated filenames, then my guess is the wrong set may have updated and repainted... which did not alter your display... not really sure... because there should never be duplicated filenames in the same folder no matter what.

Bob L

Tim Miskimon
01-13-2008, 11:31 AM
If you had duplicated filenames, then my guess is the wrong set may have updated and repainted... which did not alter your display... not really sure... because there should never be duplicated filenames in the same folder no matter what.

Bob L

Bob,
I think Dave should get the "glitch finder" of the year award...:D
Dave you should change your user name to Glitchman...;)

Dave Labrecque
01-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Bob L

Bob,

There were no duplicated filenames in the same folder. Just duplicated filenames within the EDL. The like-named files were in separate folders. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Dave Labrecque
01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Bob,
I think Dave should get the "glitch finder" of the year award...:D
Dave you should change your user name to Glitchman...;)

I've always wanted to be a super hero. Hmmmm... :cool:

Bob L
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Ok Dave... I get it... I'm working on some ideas.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok Dave... I get it... I'm working on some ideas.

Bob L

Cool. Thanks, Bob.

andykern
01-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I think its time for our first Lifetime Achievement Award.

Dave "it's a dry heat" Labrecque has been unequaled in his discovery of little quirks in the programming of the SAW family of products. His curiosity and ability to think outside the box have made us all wonder at one time or another, "Why is he doing that? Or, "Who could have predicted that "a dry heat" and a brilliant mind would ever think of clicking there while doing that?"
Dave Labrecque has pointed and clicked and dragged where no one has gone before and I feel he should receive some official recognition. Where would we be today without his dedication and relentless pursuit of audio perfection. Dave, you are simply the best! Come get your award.

Andy

jazzboxmaker
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I think it's like a sitcom.
Bob says: After years of experimentation in the lab and field, the best way to do it is "XYZ" :D
Audience: 'K Bob! :)
Dave says: But Bob, I like doing it "YZX" but after 3 days of work all my Z's turned into N's!:mad:
Bob says: Dave! Don't do that!:eek:
Dave:But Bob!:p
Bob: OK,OK, I'll look at it..grumble..mumble..moan:rolleyes:

So Bob gets an award too for good sportsmanship!;)

Dave Labrecque
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I think its time for our first Lifetime Achievement Award.

Dave "it's a dry heat" Labrecque has been unequaled in his discovery of little quirks in the programming of the SAW family of products. His curiosity and ability to think outside the box have made us all wonder at one time or another, "Why is he doing that? Or, "Who could have predicted that "a dry heat" and a brilliant mind would ever think of clicking there while doing that?"
Dave Labrecque has pointed and clicked and dragged where no one has gone before and I feel he should receive some official recognition. Where would we be today without his dedication and relentless pursuit of audio perfection. Dave, you are simply the best! Come get your award.

Andy

:p LOL. OK, but I'm waiting for the "walk up" music to start. Let's do this thing right. ;)