PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lost HDSP9652 in one program not others

HapHazzard
01-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Howdy All,

A little off topic but could happen to us all.

I loaded the RME FF800 driver to trouble shot an issue with the device into my PC that houses my 9652 card. After the trouble shoting was done I uninstalled the FF800 driver and lost the 9652 in my CD Architect program. It says Sound Mapper in the options menu.

In WinXP > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Device > Audio there is nothing:eek:. That means any Win apps not using the ASIO that need sound will not work. (I Think)

In Sound Forge the 9652 is present and works and SSL it's working fine too.

OK, uninstall the 9652 and let windows reinstall it. NO Change in XP.
OK, Scrub the registry file of the ff800 (scary). Still no change.
Uninstall and Reinstall CD Arch. No change:confused:.
Checked Device manager which shows the 9652 present.
Checked the ASIO setting in the RME panel. Everything works, I can change and heard monitors click when I reset the master sync.

Just shy of reinstalling XP is there anyone who has an idea where the drivers reside for XP or if it needs to be written into a INI file like the system.ini or win.ini

Any suggestion before give I recovering XP a try........That will take a day to do.

Plus this would be a lesson to make a Image of the HD and a backup!

HapHazzard (the name says it all)

DominicPerry
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
It sounds like the ASIO driver is still there but the WDM driver has gone. Don't re-install Windows just yet.

Can you just reinstall the FF800 drivers. There's no harm in having RME drivers sitting around, they're very well behaved. It might re-awaken the HDSP9652 drivers.

I suspect that the FF800 and HDSP share some components which got removed when you de-installed the FF800 drivers. Reinstalling the HDSP drivers should do it really but if it doesn't, just adding the FF800 drivers back might get it to work.

I was left with thd digiface and the FF400 drivers lying around for over a year with no trouble after I stopped using them. As long as you don't go past your maximum audio (is it ASIO or WDM?? one or the other) device limit, there's no real need to remove them. I think the limit is 10.

Dominic

HapHazzard
01-24-2008, 08:02 AM
It sounds like the ASIO driver is still there but the WDM driver has gone. Don't re-install Windows just yet.

Agreed

Can you just reinstall the FF800 drivers. There's no harm in having RME drivers sitting around, they're very well behaved. It might re-awaken the HDSP9652 drivers.

I suspect that the FF800 and HDSP share some components which got removed when you de-installed the FF800 drivers. Reinstalling the HDSP drivers should do it really but if it doesn't, just adding the FF800 drivers back might get it to work.Thanks Dominic I'll give that a try and get back with the results.

Hap

HapHazzard
01-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Nope that didn't do it. :(
Must Google harder!
Hap

HapHazzard
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Will, what do you know. I fix it.

In XP there is a Restore System to a specified date.

I found a date just before to issue and restored it. Now it works.
Of course I'll have to check and make sure everything is working, but it's alot easier then a recover of XP

Now I to create a restore point just before I do any install or UN-install.

Hap(py)