PDA

View Full Version : VST Versions

Rich Johnson
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Hello:

I am a registared user of SAW Plus 32, (OS=Windows XP Pro). Recently I purchased a plugin from a vendor whose technical support informed me, after the plugin malfunctioned, that I needed a VST version 2 something to run the plugin. That the old version of the SAW Linker conforms to VST version 1 and is something that is not compatible with their software requirements. They suggested I run another program but I love the 32 so much I'll either do without the plugin or hopefully get a method to upgrade the VST linker. Anyone out there experience a similar situation or found a solution to the problem.

Rich

Naturally Digital
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Rich,

Which plugin is it?

TotalSonic
01-31-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd suggest upgrading to SAWStudio Basic which will allow you to use
VST 2.x plugins and VSTi's as well - and which sounds & functions substantially better than SAW32.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Bob L
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Rich,

It may be time to take the plunge and come up to SAWStudioBasic... its a whole new world of experience and audio quality.

Bob L

Rich Johnson
02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Hello Bob/and Friends:

Thanks for the information regarding my upgrading. To answer the question posed, the software is made by Audio Damage and the program is called Fluid. Basically a very decent chorus plug in.

Rich

Rich Johnson
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Hello Bob L.:

Well I downloaded a copy of SAWStudioBasic Demo and installed the subject VST plugin and everything worked just fine. I was, however, not looking forward to the rigors of becoming familiar with another audio workstation other than my old trusty SAW32+. But the SAWStudioBasic is absolutely wonderful. New, yet familiar; and I hate to say it much better. There are a few of my old habits I need to re-learn but I should be able to overcome them is short order. Will be ordering a version of SawStudioBasic within the next few weeks. Thanks Bob, for a wonderful product.

Rich

Arco
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
It takes a little time but you will have an "ah ha" moment..a light will go off and the coolness of the whole new design concept will hit you.

do the tutorials
keep checking in with your F-key views. In the beginning it doesn't quite click but then it will and when the f-key views are customized to the way you work it really is great.
there are a bunch of videos out there too.best of luck.

e

DominicPerry
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
It takes a little time but you will have an "ah ha" moment..a light will go off and the coolness of the whole new design concept will hit you.

I think the light is meant to go on - or is this part of SAW users 'thinking differently'. :D
SAW Users, thinking 'In The Box', where it's dark.

Dominic

Ian Alexander
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I think the light is meant to go on - or is this part of SAW users 'thinking differently'. :D
SAW Users, thinking 'In The Box', where it's dark.

Dominic
This is one of my peeves with American English. Bombs, alarms, sirens, and all manner of other things designed to get your attention "go off." I think that "go on" describes much more accurately what they do. Some of them go on in a rather spectacular fashion. Does the Queen's English have the same oddity?

Carl G.
02-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello Bob L.:

Well I downloaded a copy of SAWStudioBasic Demo and installed the subject VST plugin and everything worked just fine. I was, however, not looking forward to the rigors of becoming familiar with another audio workstation other than my old trusty SAW32+. But the SAWStudioBasic is absolutely wonderful. New, yet familiar; and I hate to say it much better. There are a few of my old habits I need to re-learn but I should be able to overcome them is short order. Will be ordering a version of SawStudioBasic within the next few weeks. Thanks Bob, for a wonderful product.

Rich

Rich,
It'll be the best money you've ever spent all decade long!
If you thought Saw32+ was "absolutely wonderful" -
you will be propelled into a new sphere of the galaxy with SawStudioBasic.
(not knowing your age - in old time vernacular that's "Far out, man") :)

Ian Alexander
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello Bob L.:

Rich
I made exactly the same upgrade in 2004. Within about two weeks, I couldn't imagine going back. It's so much easier to do eq changes (no more cross-fades between two versions of the same track with different eq), the comp is better, controls have more flexibility, automation is a treat , etc., etc.

I still use SawPlus32 to record and destructively edit files in one place, because the SS sound file won't do that. I use CoolEdit2000 to make aiff files for users of that other platform. Other than that, SS all day long.

We look forward to hearing your questions and your success stories.

UpTilDawn
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
...It's so much easier to do eq changes (no more cross-fades between two versions of the same track with different eq), ...

No KIDDING?!?!?!:eek: YECK! Now I'm glad I didn't own a pc until 2001!

DanT

Ian Alexander
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
No KIDDING?!?!?!:eek: YECK! Now I'm glad I didn't own a pc until 2001!

DanT
No kidding. It worked just fine to get jingles to settle under a VO. And we liked it. It was great to warm our feet on the computer, too, after walking both ways to school, uphill, in the snow, with no shoes. And we spoke with people who lived near us, not people we only know virtually. It was a very different world, but it was okay.:)

DominicPerry
02-05-2008, 04:07 AM
This is one of my peeves with American English. Bombs, alarms, sirens, and all manner of other things designed to get your attention "go off." I think that "go on" describes much more accurately what they do. Some of them go on in a rather spectacular fashion. Does the Queen's English have the same oddity?

I dunno really, my English English isn't all that good, there are lots of rules which then get broken, especially by the 'yoof'. I think that many things go off as well as on, I've just never heard the particular example of a light going off instead of on. I always imagine the old cartoon of a light bulb over someone's head appearing when they have an idea, so I think of it as going on.
I'm a utilitarian when language is concerned - as long as people know what is meant, that's fine by me.
There are stupid examples of correct usage which don't help anyone. If something is 'boned', does that mean it has bones or has it had the bones removed?

Dominic

studio-c
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
And we spoke with people who lived near us, not people we only know virtually.

Yes, but in cyberspace, no one can see your man-breasts. :)

HapHazzard
02-05-2008, 10:54 AM

Cakewalk > Cubase > Digtal P > SawStudio "Ah HAaaa!"

Take the time! It's worth it.

Hap

Rich Johnson
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Hello:

I'm beginning to realize just how great the SAWStudioBasic really is. BTW: I do come from a time before John Denver capitolized on the term "far out" and made it part of the US language. But thinking about it, even though it's fallen out of usage, it is a great way of describing the new SAW's: "Far Out !".

Rich

Bob L
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
As you learn all the new things you can do... and how to do them... just remember... Keep an open minded attitude and enjoy the ride! :)

Bob L

jazzboxmaker
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
You're gonna love it. SawStudio Basic is the best $ I've ever spent on software

bcorkery
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Rich,

My dad wouldn't try something called "natto (http://www.links.net/vita/trip/japan/food/natto/)", fermented soy beans with chopped green onions and raw egg mixed and poured on hot rice. We kids ate it all the time and loved it.

He explained that he woudn't try it beause if he liked it he'd be mad for not trying it sooneer!

Enjoy your natto! :)

Jay Q
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
You're gonna love it. SawStudio Basic is the best $ I've ever spent on software

Yeah, I feel the same way about SS Lite... and I own a lot of software licenses.

Rich, in case you weren't aware, Bob offers something virtually unheard of in the software industry: the so-called Good Faith Agreement (http://www.sawstudio.com/gfa.htm) whereby you can make a $200 down-payment and download either SS Lite or SS Full and make monthly payments of $100 (or more) thereafter. An incredible offer. I couldn't imagine going without the added features in Lite, and I'm sure the Full users couldn't imagine going without the Full features. Might be worth doing if you really wanna have some power at your fingertips.

Jay