PDA

View Full Version : JMS Metronome question...

Richard Rupert
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I am using ver 1.5 of Jon's metronome, and have noticed a change since my new computer build. When starting the computer in record ready with the space bar, the first beat of the click often does not completely sound... it sounds as if the audio is starting just slightly after the attack of the click sound, so it's a bit muffled. Just on the very first click... thereafter it sounds fine.

I'm using a Core 2 duo E6750, Asus P5WDH deluxe MB with 2 gig ram, and SATA II hard drives. The plug worked fine on my old 933 PIII.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any theory as to what may be happening or a way to correct it?

TIA

UpTilDawn
01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Isn't it version 1.5 that's known to be buggy?
I'd go back to an earlier version and see if the issue clears up.

TotalSonic
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Isn't it version 1.5 that's known to be buggy?
I'd go back to an earlier version and see if the issue clears up.

The version 1.6 beta is the one known to be buggy. 1.5 is the last stable version (but doesn't follow SAW's tempo map changes).

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Jay Q
02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Has anyone else experienced this, or have any theory as to what may be happening or a way to correct it?

TIA
So, you mean if you use the mouse rather than the space bar, it doesn't happen? Does it happen in SRP mode as well?

I have a distant, vague, fuzzy, hazy recollection of something like this happening, though I don't believe it happened only when using the space bar. I think I just tried a different sound and it worked. Of course, this all could merely be a figment of my imagination [hic].

Assuming you've tried different sounds, have you also tried adjusting buffers?

Jay

Richard Rupert
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
So, you mean if you use the mouse rather than the space bar, it doesn't happen? Does it happen in SRP mode as well?

I have a distant, vague, fuzzy, hazy recollection of something like this happening, though I don't believe it happened only when using the space bar. I think I just tried a different sound and it worked. Of course, this all could merely be a figment of my imagination [hic].

Assuming you've tried different sounds, have you also tried adjusting buffers?

Jay
Jay,

I haven't tried using the mouse... I'll test that when I have a chance (just left the studio for the day/weekend). I also haven't changed sounds since the "click" is fine after the very first one, and I quite like the sound for a click. But I'll give it shot. The buffers are another option... I'm set at 3/512 ASIO in and out. I'll give 'em a push to 1024 and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the implied drinking advice the best. Or... am I mistaken? Ah... who cares? I'll try it anyway... can't hurt! :)