PDA

View Full Version : Presonus Firestation Lightpipe

NGNEER
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Does anyone here use this product. I am in the market for a new I/O and have narrowed down to the a)lynx two b)RME 9652 or now c)presonus firestation. I have added this interface to the equation simply because it is the only one that offers portability. I have had success with presonus products in the past but I have not seen any reviews on this product.

Ian Alexander
01-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know anything about the Presonus, but I have been using the Lynx L22 for almost a year now. I got it because I'd had flawless performance from the LynxONE, but wanted the ability to meet possible requests for higher sample rates. Those requests have not come yet, but the card works perfectly. The L22 has the same engine as the LynxTWO.

DominicPerry
02-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Go and check out places like gearslutz.com to see how much luck people are having with the Presonus firestation and I think you might remove it from your list. It sounds good, has great features and the usual huge level of people who get clicks, ticks, glitches and/or failure to work at all. I'd definitely recommend RME or Lynx, especially in PCI form, over a firewire box, given the choice.

Dominic

jazzboxmaker
02-01-2008, 06:51 AM
If you are considering portability too give the RME Fireface 400 a look too. I've been very happy with mine. Works fine at low latencies and it is very portable especially considering you can power it up straight from your car battery with a simple home made adapter. (IIRC) it will run on 11-16 v ac or dc

Richard Rupert
02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm having good luck with the M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge, although I can't get really low latencies out of the drivers (3/512 in and out ASIO). But it's firewire, and quite functionally and physically solid. I'm using Frontier Designs Tangos and a Behringer ADA 8000 converters for up to 24 inputs.

Bob L
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
We had the M-Audio Lightbridge running fine at 2 x 64... perhaps something is running in the background on your system... wireless internet searching for a network maybe?

Bob L

Richard Rupert
02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought I had disabled that, Bob... but I'll certainly look again. This is a new build, so I may have overlooked that. It would be great to get the latency down... just to say I can! :)

Thanks!