PDA

View Full Version : Dialog Box size

DBenkert
02-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Is there a way to "save" the size of a dialog box in the preferences? For example the Buildmix file save window or the Library Open window where you choose the directory you want. I tend to always make mine bigger and it sticks during the session, but then goes back to a smaller size when I restart SAW.

I know, this is silly, but I thought I would check. It doens't take much to grab the dialog box and stretch, but hey, it's all about the clicks, right? ;)

Dave Labrecque
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Is there a way to "save" the size of a dialog box in the preferences? For example the Buildmix file save window or the Library Open window where you choose the directory you want. I tend to always make mine bigger and it sticks during the session, but then goes back to a smaller size when I restart SAW.

I know, this is silly, but I thought I would check. It doens't take much to grab the dialog box and stretch, but hey, it's all about the clicks, right? ;)

I'm interested in the same issue. I suspect it would have to be a Windows tweak at this point.

UpTilDawn
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Of course, the library open windows are sizeable and saveable with F-keys.

Save session/Open session dialog boxes are the ones I'm always resizing.

DBenkert
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Of course, the library open windows are sizeable and saveable with F-keys.

Save session/Open session dialog boxes are the ones I'm always resizing.

Right, I am not talking about the Library Windows themseleves, but the dialogs for open/save files, sessions, etc.

Bob L
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately... Windows is very finicky about the dialog functions... the sizing is a thing that is not available easily to the programmer... when I try to override the Windows default sizing, the functions take away many of the current dialog features... I have never found a clean way to control the size... so... all I can seem to do is save the current size when you close the dialog and maintain that size for the rest of the SAWStudio session, until you close and restart the program.

Bob L

DBenkert
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Ah, got it - oh well, it was worth a shot :-)

Is there a way to store the "temp" information you do now to keep it the same in a session in the prefs and recall that on start up? I am sure there is much more to this than that, but I thought I would ask.

I think I can afford the 1 second it takes for me to re-size it :)

Bob L
02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
No... sorry... that has been the problem... on first call to the Windows dialog functions, any size parameters seem to be ignored... I have yet to find a solution.

Bob L