PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Instantiating PlugIn

bassthumper
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I recently purchased a M-Audio Firewire Solo to use with SAW. My main application is to record one mic so that part is no Biggie, However I am also a bass player and am tinkering with virtual VST PlugIn bass effects. The Solo came with a copy of GT-Express and that program has a couple of bass settings in it. The Mfg claims that GT-Express can be used as PlugIns as well as its original application. I loaded the PlugIns and The title of this thread is what SAW tells me instead. Any ideas on a solution.

Bob L
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
What kind of plugin... DX or VST... if VST... where is it installed... and did you then link to it by following the VST .ini file options in the SAWStudio helpfile? If it is an instrument type plug... like it sounds from your message, you must use the VST version... SAW does not do DXi.

Bob L

bassthumper
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
What kind of plugin... DX or VST... if VST... where is it installed... and did you then link to it by following the VST .ini file options in the SAWStudio helpfile? If it is an instrument type plug... like it sounds from your message, you must use the VST version... SAW does not do DXi.

Bob L

I found the dll's for the VST's in a folder and just copied them into the VST plugin folder in SAW. These are supposed to be VST's and not DXi.

If I did this wrong please share how to do this.

Bob L
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
That is the way we used to do it for the older VST plugs... and it still works fine for many... but... many of the newer VSTi plugs require a complex installation with folders and registry path entries and do not like to be moved from their original install folders... for those, you use the new .ini link feature... read about it in the helpfile in the section on using VST plugins.

Bob L

bassthumper
02-09-2008, 08:12 AM
That is the way we used to do it for the older VST plugs... and it still works fine for many... but... many of the newer VSTi plugs require a complex installation with folders and registry path entries and do not like to be moved from their original install folders... for those, you use the new .ini link feature... read about it in the helpfile in the section on using VST plugins.

Bob L

Thanks Bob

bassthumper
02-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I finally got the GT-Express to work but am not impressed with it any so I think I will try to find a better solution.

IraSeigel
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Bob L

And you can use the great and oh-so-convenient SAW VST .ini Tool.

Ira