PDA

View Full Version : S.A.C. with MATRIX & ?

Warren
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey Bob:

I know with all the questions you cant finish the project but I think you have gotten us all so excited we are simply FREAKING OUT :eek: awaiting this wonderful new product.

My question is most large format live consoles I have worked with have Matrix mixing and I was wondering if S.A.C will also?

And maybe in the future an RTA and FOH EQ or somthing like Meyer Sound Lab "SIM" (I believe its called) which can evaluate and correct room anomilies like EQ, DELAY Etc.. I believe it sends a series of short duration broadband audio pulses and corrects until optimised. You know about 20 min of code time.:D
Thanks in Advance

Also I know in the past you have favored ADA8000's and RME HDSP5692, is this I/O that SAC is focused on?

Bob L
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
You have better than matrix mixing... you have 24 separate complete consoles plus FOH... these monitor consoles can take their signal from the mic split or pst eq/dyn or pst fader... therefore you can set one monitor desk as a matrix which tracks any or all of the FOH inputs... but... can also introduce additive mxing and extra processing... so you can compensate a house mix for a TV feed, for instance... in the house the horns may be mixed lower due to acoustics... but on the monitor desk they can be raised... and will still follow the house mix... the eq can be altered and added to on the monitor desk... and it will still chase eq changes in the house mix... etc... very exciting indeed.

The monitor consoles also have their own 6 stereo aux sends and returns... meaning you can use separate reverb plugins and effects... different than FOH... all chasing or not, depending on where you take your split.... a virtual split that is... free... up to 24 splits... no extra hardware... that is potentially amazing... you can't easily get anything near that in hardware without totally thrashing and loading the source.

Bob L

Warren
02-15-2008, 06:19 PM
You have better than matrix mixing... you have 24 separate complete consoles plus FOH... these monitor consoles can take their signal from the mic split or pst eq/dyn or pst fader... therefore you can set one monitor desk as a matrix which tracks any or all of the FOH inputs... but... can also introduce additive mxing and extra processing... so you can compensate a house mix for a TV feed, for instance... in the house the horns may be mixed lower due to acoustics... but on the monitor desk they can be raised... and will still follow the house mix... the eq can be altered and added to on the monitor desk... and it will still chase eq changes in the house mix... etc... very exciting indeed.

The monitor consoles also have their own 6 stereo aux sends and returns... meaning you can use separate reverb plugins and effects... different than FOH... all chasing or not, depending on where you take your split.... a virtual split that is... free... up to 24 splits... no extra hardware... that is potentially amazing... you can't easily get anything near that in hardware without totally thrashing and loading the source.

Bob L

Soooo, I guess SIM is out?
just kidding

This sounds as though it will be much more powerful than most FOH or Monitor engineers have ever seen in the way of live sound reinforcement is concerned, thanks Bob for thinking this through and creating yet one more outstanding product. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. I shall stop bugging you now with questions that slow your progress at least until I come up with another.:D

Now we just need software amp racks and speaker arrays, as while as software mics, rigging, cables etc.:p

Thanks again Bob