PDA

View Full Version : Sonoris LP Equalizer 2.0 Released!

PieterS
02-16-2008, 04:46 AM
This post is to inform you that the Sonoris Linear Phase Equalizer 2.0 has been released. The Slpq 2.0 is a redesign of the previous version that runs faster but sounds better. There are also numerous new features like:

- three zoom levels on the graphics display by just clicking on it
- enhanced upsampling algorithm for accurate filter behavior
- two additional shelf filters
- symmetrical bells for cutting and boosting
- Stereo, L, R or MS processing and monitoring
- Vista compatible
- etc

http://www.sonoris.nl/img/slpq20.jpg

For more product information and a demo download please visit:

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/linear-phase-equalizer-p-29.html

best regards,

Naturally Digital
02-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Awesome! Thank you Pieter.

I very much appreciate your work!

Himhui
02-16-2008, 10:00 AM
What is the price for upgrade..?

PieterS
02-16-2008, 10:32 AM
the upgrade (http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/linear-phase-equalizer-upgrade-p-44.html) from version 1.1 to 2.0 costs $50

Bruce Callaway
02-16-2008, 03:01 PM
the upgrade (http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/linear-phase-equalizer-upgrade-p-44.html) from version 1.1 to 2.0 costs $50Great, count me in....

sebastiandybing
02-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Just downloaded the update,
Thanks
Sebastian

TotalSonic
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Pieter -
Thanks so much for your excellent work on this!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

sebastiandybing
02-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi Pieter

I have been using the LP eq on a couple of projects, the new sound
is silk smooth and the new grafic and zoom are really nice:) .

But I do have a problem with Saw crashing in the same moment I patch in a secound LP eq. You can redo this by placing a region on 2 tracks and then patch the LPeq on track 1, all is fine, then patch another one into track 2, Saw will crach:eek: .

Another thing is when I set the quality settings to extream, the dsp readout in Saw is lower than if I it is set to medium :confused: ?

Sebastian

sebastiandybing
02-24-2008, 01:13 AM
I forgot to read that Saw has to be running in order to make it crasch.

Sebastian

PieterS
02-24-2008, 06:17 AM
But I do have a problem with Saw crashing in the same moment I patch in a secound LP eq. You can redo this by placing a region on 2 tracks and then patch the LPeq on track 1, all is fine, then patch another one into track 2, Saw will crach:eek: .

You mean hot patching the eq? I'll look into it, but you know, it isn't really designed to be hot patched. It messes with the buffers when you do that. But it shouldn't crash!

Another thing is when I set the quality settings to extrem, the dsp readout in Saw is lower than if I it is set to medium :confused: ?

Sebastian
The quality setting does not influence the cpu load, but the bufferlength used for the linear phase algo. The higher the quality, the higher the buffer. A large buffer improves the accuracy of the backward filtering.

sebastiandybing
02-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks for looking into it, yes and did mean hot patching. I did guess it was
the buffers fault, but as you said it should not crash.

[HTML][/The quality setting does not influence the cpu load, but the bufferlength used for the linear phase algo. The higher the quality, the higher the buffer. A large buffer improves the accuracy of the backward filtering.HTML]

Good to know, but still Saw´s cpu readout is higher in medium than extream.

anyway its a damn good update.

Sebastian

Naturally Digital
02-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Good to know, but still Saw´s cpu readout is higher in medium than extream.Are you running SAW's buffers very low during this test? Sometimes the cpu load will change when going from 64 or 128 sample buffers to a higher one like 512 or 1024. Since the extreme setting is lengthening the buffers, that might make SAW read a lower cpu load.

sebastiandybing
02-24-2008, 10:02 AM
I have to check that,
Thanks
Sebastian

andykern
02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I have the hot patching >SS crash also. I fixed it by not hot patching. Works every time:)

On another issue though, it has to do with the "Store all to memory cell . ." function. The LPEQ is copied to the channel where I did the "Recall all . .. "
function but the settings seem to be either not stored or not recalled.

Any ideas?

Andy