PDA

View Full Version : The highlight of hot channel

Yura
05-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello,

I address especialy to SAWers with a long length of service
working with SAWstudio and to Bob Lentini of course.
the thing is too trivial, but not less important.
if you spent enouth of time scrolling through mixers
channels - had you feeling some desire just to take the
visual feedback of HIGHLIGHTED in red HOT channel to be more strong?
I mean, if there is not very difficult to make program
to increase the width of lines highlighting mixers chan.
If anybody agree, please, give to know in this thread.
may be I am solitary in this feeling, but it has been
accumulated in my experiense for a long time. has somebody else?
if i not mistaken, the with of highlighted in red is 1 pixel.
just to compare it with highlighted lines of HOTTRACK that is
perfectly strong and without pulling to tense vision.

hope for any words

Yura O.

AudioAstronomer
05-29-2004, 05:09 PM
I agree. Working for long times it can be a slight deterance trying to identify the hot track in the MT window, its rare and a small thing but it would be a nice improvement.

On a side note what is the quickest way to navigate the hot tracks? Is there a way to jump straight from say 1 to 25 without scrolling or "searching" the screen? Like a key shortcut or something. Even a +/- 10 increment would be great if this feature exists.... Or maybe Im still stuck too hard to one f-key view :) Ive been learning to switch to a view with the full mixer if I need to make such large jumps, but I still wonder if something does exist.

Burkeville
05-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry Gents, I dissagree. It seems fine to me. I work on Saw every day for days on end.

To be more helpful, there are two vertical arrows on the top left hand side of the screen. They will take you straight to any track you want.

Some times I drag the output track right next to a track I need to keep refering to and when I click on "O" it takes me right there.

Still, I haven't found another system that does this any better.

Yura
05-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I agree.
On a side note what is the quickest way to navigate the hot tracks? Is there a way to jump straight from say 1 to 25 without scrolling or "searching" the screen? Like a key shortcut or something. Even a +/- 10 increment would be great if this feature exists.... Or maybe Im still stuck too hard to one f-key view :) Ive been learning to switch to a view with the full mixer if I need to make such large jumps, but I still wonder if something does exist.

When you have F-mixer linked to MT, it works/ if you have F-mixer opened with many of channels. if u jump more then thriugh it is on MT, then result is
your hottrack will be apeared on bottom of MT window.

To be more helpful, there are two vertical arrows on the top left hand side of the screen.
to be more helpfull for what. i see, for jumping realy.
I just can say I envy to you. seems your eyes are in very resonance with red color! :p

Bob L
05-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Sorry to say that adjusting the width of the mixer view channels would involve an internal modification of hundreds of pixel calculation offset routines, not to mention negating every shade and every F-Key set made by every user of the program...

Don't think I'm ready to go there yet. :)

Bob L

Yura
05-30-2004, 04:15 AM
Sorry to say that adjusting the width of the mixer view channels would involve an internal modification of hundreds of pixel calculation offset routines.........Don't think I'm ready to go there yet. :)

Bob L

No no no no no!
ATTENTION!

Dear Bob!
Very sorry, but you did not understood my question right.
Please read my words. there I wrote:

"to increase the WIDTH OF LINES highlighting mixers chan".

not ADJUSTING THE WITH OF THE MIXER VIEW CHANNELS! as you wrote here!

I mean the TWO HIGH-LIGHTED VERTICAL LINES ON EDGES OF HOT CHANNEL!
thay are only one pixel in width! as coded by you.
in analog with TWO HIGH-LIGHTED HORIZONTAL LINES ON EDGES OF HOT TRACKS. thay coded to be more than 1 pixel. am I not right?

I would never have such a crazy idea of mking possible the width of the mixer view channels to be adjustable!!!

Bob L
05-30-2004, 09:25 AM
If you notice, the width just fits up to the edges of many controls which when pushed or adjusted overwrite the pixels on the screen... if the lines were any wider, they would constantly be overwritten as controls on the edges were touched, which would mean having to remove and re-display them over and over again... they are now the widest they can be without overlapping edge controls. Widening them would require widening the mixer modules and re-mapping all the pixel points as I mentioned in my last message.

Again, I would suggest worrying about all the commands and features you are not familiar with and have not yet mastered and explored all the ways they could enhance your creative session handling, before you are concerned with constantly re-designing what is already in place... trust me... its a much more powerful journey. :)

By the time you and most of the users master every feature in SAWStudio as a transparent operation, I am sure there will be many more in the next update that will keep you busy for a while to come. :D

Bob L

Yura
05-30-2004, 03:21 PM
.. if the lines were any wider, they would constantly be overwritten as controls on the edges were touched, which would mean having to remove and re-display them over and over again... they are now the widest they can be without overlapping edge controls.

Thank you brought me info.
becouse of my ignoramusness it that question I was thinking that it is
simply coded by you in SAW as only one figure of code for this line...
(like width of MT cursor that is coded to be 1 pix width, and the color of white, in SAW plus32 was option to change many of those colors)