PDA

View Full Version : New Feature

musicmanwolf
02-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi, this may have been discussed before but i use a Tascam FW-1082 in Mackie control. I am very please with this unit it works very well with SS. Except the shuttle control only works when the mt window is active. Can this work all the time? Even when the mt window is not active? Like the faders, they work all the time whether the mixer is active or not. This feature works in all other daws i have used. This would be great for me although it is not a major issue it just saves a mouse click. I would like to say i really enjoy using SS it is by far the best daw for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob L
02-25-2008, 11:38 AM
If you look at the Midi Controller section of the helpfile for the Mackie Control, you will see that the scrub wheel has many different functions and modes depending on the active window... there is a lot of power built into that control.

Bob L

musicmanwolf
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Bob, i checked out the midi help file and i understand about all the functions of the scrub wheel. I still had rather it just be a scrub wheel all the time. Also i am having trouble with the eq encoders not working at all. The pan only works on the first channel of each bank. Is there some way i can determine what channel/value that these items require so that i can reprogram my controller? Or is there a better way? Thanks for your help.

Bob L
02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Well... if you want to use something like MidiOx to read the midi commands being sent by SS when you grab the various controls, you will see what is being sent out... but again... as I said... this is not a simple matter... everything is hooked internally and depends on many specifics about the controller the template is designed for... for instance... without all the bank switching functions correctly hooked... when you bank down to chans further down the console, the actual midi commands for the same controls will be sending the same info and you will most likely have no way to tell your controller program what chans it should actually apply these commands to...

It gets very comples... if you really want integrated midi control... get the Mackie Control Surface.

Bob L

musicmanwolf
02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks Bob, It is fine. It's no big deal just to mouse around. I just thought that if i could change a few numbers and get it to work i would. But i don't want to redo the whole program. Thanks for all your hard work and the great program that is Sawstudio.