PDA

View Full Version : Ch. type mismatch ?? automation

mikebuzz
02-25-2008, 04:07 PM
When trying to use the automation gallery fades on the MASTER OUT ch. #1 ( or any output ) I get a channel type mismatch ???? Never noticed that before !!

Is there a reason that the automation gallery fades/pans etc. cannot be used on the output ch's ?????????????

LAter
Buzz

Sean McCoy
02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
When trying to use the automation gallery fades on the MASTER OUT ch. #1 ( or any output ) I get a channel type mismatch ???? Never noticed that before !!

Is there a reason that the automation gallery fades/pans etc. cannot be used on the output ch's ?????????????

LAter
Buzz
Gallery fades can be used on the outputs, but only if the specific fade was also created on an output. (I think)

Dave Labrecque
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Gallery fades can be used on the outputs, but only if the specific fade was also created on an output. (I think)

I think that's right. Seems to me like an area where the rules could be relaxed a bit in the interest of increased productivity. I'd think any common automation types would benefit from being allowed to work cross-channel-type. Especially volume and pan stuff, though.

mikebuzz
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Humm it says NOTHING about that in the MAnual ???

Later
Buzz

UpTilDawn
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Humm it says NOTHING about that in the MAnual ???

Later
Buzz

Well, if you really want to be particular, it doesn't say anything at all about adding, creating, or saving automation gallery events for output and return tracks.... only MT.

DanT

Just noticed the "new" look of the 4.1 manual.... :cool:

Bob L
02-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Each module type is unique unto its own type... Inputs are different from Returns and from Outputs... the reasons are due to the internal database storage of all the different settings... the internal layout for each module type is quite different...

So... automation created on Return tracks can be saved in the gallery and re-used on Return tracks... same with Output Tracks... simply name them accordingly... Input fades... Return fades... and Output fades... no real problem when you realize how it works. :)

Bob L