PDA

View Full Version : SRP-REC problem with MME Drivers

Arno Jordan
03-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Today i had this strange problem happening again :
Tried recording my polar synth using SAW with MME driver selected. Signal is present in totalmix and also when i press rec-ready in transport window. As soon as i press srp, the signal disappears from the meters and after recording the resulting soundfile is empty.
Switching to asio driver and everything works as it should.
( Intel Core2Duo 6600, RME Digiface, latest drivers, Saw 4.01)
Anybody with similar experiences ?

Arno Jordan

Bob L
03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Have not heard of that problem... but... the latest RME drivers do not support MME.... there might be your problem... Windows is doing some form of emulation... try older RME drivers that had fantstic MME performance... or stay with the ASIO.

Bob L

Warren
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
On my HDSP5692 if you want MME you have to go back to 2.9 or something like that RME has stated no more support for MME and that they are only supporting ASIO and WDM so its the older drivers or no MME :eek:

Bob L
03-04-2008, 12:06 AM
My main production system stopped at driver 2.62... my live system is using driver 2.83... I see no reason to update them... they have been performing perfectly.

Bob L

Warren
03-04-2008, 12:23 AM
My main production system stopped at driver 2.62... my live system is using driver 2.83... I see no reason to update them... they have been performing perfectly.

Bob L

Do you prefer the MME or the ASIO of that driver set?

Bob L
03-04-2008, 01:58 AM
I use MME for my studio work and ASIO for the live stuff... ASIO seems a little more immune to Windows stepping on the driver and glitching buffers when at low latencies.

Bob L