PDA

View Full Version : Saw Feature Suggestion

Tim Miskimon
03-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Bob,
I was thinking.
Lots of times while using MWS with SAW I find myself wishing that I could have both Time mode & Tempo mode appear at the same time.
Sometimes a customer wants to reference places in the song by time rather than measures.
At the top of Saw on the right hand side could you possibly put another window there? - all that's there right now is some wood grain.
It would sure beat having to reselect Time mode everytime I open MWS.
Just a thought.

Bob L
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
More to it than that... lots of internal hooks for the extra screen updates... but just set Tempo Mode and then switch to Time mode and that latches the two modes for the quick switch during playback by right-clicking in the readout display... it will switch between whichever two modes are set.

Bob L

Tim Miskimon
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
More to it than that... lots of internal hooks for the extra screen updates... but just set Tempo Mode and then switch to Time mode and that latches the two modes for the quick switch during playback by right-clicking in the readout display... it will switch between whichever two modes are set.

Bob L

Gee I didn't know about the right clicking in the readout display thing. That will work for the time being.
Thanks!

Bob L
03-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Its not a work-around... its actually a great way to work... negating the need for two displays... in my opinion. :)

Bob L

soundtrack2life
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Over the weekend I updated to Jamsix 2. There is a button you click on and it displays the tempo very large. I was able to display both the Time mode & Tempo mode on one screen. I thought this was kind of very cool at the time. Funny you mentioned it only a day later . . . . which brings me to. . . is there a plug in that would do this exclusively? So I did a Google search . .
http://www.vista-files.org/programs/storm-software/professional-metronome.html.
This could be another workaround . . . .??
Joe

studio-c
03-10-2008, 11:50 PM
On the subject of time displays,
is there anything out there that would do the job of the previous "Big Time" plugin? Or is there a hardware clock that might be midi controllable or something? Looking at some other apps, or at the displays on big scoring stages with 6" high numbers, I get jealous :D

I take a lot of pen and paper notes on scripts involving the min:sec locations to locate retakes. And my eyes ain't what they used to be :)

Cheers,
Scott

Bob L
03-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Screen real estate is at a premium in my opinion, and I find much better use for the pixels than giant number displays... but that's just my view on the issue. :)

Bob L

Richard Rupert
03-11-2008, 10:47 AM
On the subject of time displays,
is there anything out there that would do the job of the previous "Big Time" plugin?

Scott,

You can still use "Big Time" with the FX32 Effects Linker....