PDA

View Full Version : Exception processing ERROR ???

mikebuzz
03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I get this when opening Saw , I had reinstalled XP sp2 last week and had a Flash drive installed when I did it so XP installed on the E: ??? WTF windows man ???

when I open Saw the error comes up but clears after 2 clicks so ??? :confused:

Later
Buzz

PS: I checked the files directory and they are all E:

mako
03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Mike, I'm sure you'll need to reinstall on C

good luck

mako

mikebuzz
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Well my damn Printer with it's internal disk is now C: ??? and I cant rename the boot disk so I'm stuck with E: !!!

Later
Buzz

Bob L
03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Whatever is happening... the error connected to SAW is probably due to SAW's prefs looking to a certain drive... clear the SS preferences file... then restart... my guess is the error goes away... now reset the prefs and drive paths to your current system layout and re-save the prefs.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
03-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Well my damn Printer with it's internal disk is now C: ??? and I cant rename the boot disk so I'm stuck with E: !!!

Later
Buzz
Hey Mike, this could be a good thing. All those virus alerts claim that nefarious worms will eat your C drive. You'll be perfectly safe from all that!:D

AcousticGlue
03-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Yeah Mike, quit being cheap and buy a hard drive, LOL.

Arco
03-12-2008, 06:56 AM
you can rename drives. I've done it many times but not sure if it's the install drive..maybe.

Administrative Tools:Computer Management:Storage:Disk Management

right click on the drives to change the letter. you may need to move something to something like J: first and get it where you want.

mikebuzz
03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I'l try the pref's file thing , I have read that the boot drive cannot be undone ?? and if it keeps my drive from being EATEN then thats a good thing too !?!?!

It's not a big deal it's on my WEB computer so NBD !!!

Later
Buzz

mikebuzz
03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
I cleared ALL preferences and that fixed it !!!

LAter
Buzz

Ian Alexander
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
if it keeps my drive from being EATEN then thats a good thing too !?!?!

Um, having E as your system drive MIGHT protect you from some malware, but I was writing in jest. With a big smilie.:D Maybe I should have used a wink.;)

:o

mikebuzz
03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Ya it'll eat whatever drive it gets on I'm SURE they don't write them for specific drives :D :)

Later
Buzz

DominicPerry
03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Pop will eat itself.

Yup, it was only the days of DOS where viruses were C: drive specific. Prepare to sacrifice all your data.

Dominic