PDA

View Full Version : Super SAC

sebastiandybing
03-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Hi Bob

Its working:D,
It is really good to be able to change inputs/output busses and so on while the console is running, I was wondering if the console live button could be save on as default:) , and then maybe remove the live text on the mouse,
somehow this text sort of strees me, it constanly reminds the user about we
are in a live situation:eek: .

Will the scene window have a option for activate a scene when it is highlighted instead of dobbel clicking on a scene ?

I am running the version01 on my laptop using the build in audiocard using the asio4all driver at 1 buffer/64 samples with reverb on a aux and channel eqs. while I am writing this post, SAC feels tight already.

And the shade is also good, maybe the font size in the scene window could be bigger or bold, and maybe the text background could be dark and the text
white, I often feel that many software are hard to look at in a live situation
where all the surroundings are dark and then the eye sundenly has to adjust
to a bright computer screen.

SAC feels very good already
Sebastian

Naturally Digital
03-21-2008, 12:38 AM
and then maybe remove the live text on the mouseI was going to suggest the exact same thing. Maybe reverse the concept for SAC and indicate "Offline" or something when the engine is *not* in Live mode. Personally I find the "LIVE" tag a little distracting.

Bob L
03-21-2008, 03:27 AM
I was actually thinking of using a cursor tag like FOH to indicate when you are on the FOH console and MON when on a monitor console... not sure.

As far as defaulting the engine ON... the decision so far has that it is pretty dangerous to pop up the app and have a 10,000 watt PA system just jump instantly live with mics on stage and other cables not properly patched an so forth... the whole idea is to help keep blown speakers and ears to a minimum.

That is also why the engine is forced off on a Session load, since all routing instantly changes and this could be dangerous if the engine comes up live before you get a chance to check things out. :)

Lots of things to consider here.

Bob L

DominicPerry
03-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Thanks so much for this Bob, especially the detailed manual and helpfile, unknown in the IT industry to produce such complete and useful documentation with what is essentially a pre-Alpha release.

I like the look, I haven't tried to use it yet!

My only comment so far is that I'm scared by the idea that accidentally rightclicking the mouse can stop the whole thing. I'd prefer a more fail-safe/difficult way of throwing the OFF-switch.:D

Dominic

Bob L
03-21-2008, 04:02 AM
That is why I used the Right-Click in that small switch area... instead of the Left-Click which you will be using to activate the menus in the same general area.

I also do want to be able to shutdown quick in case of a need for a panic switch if the PA lets go into feedback.

Bob L

DominicPerry
03-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Bob, didn't realise it was only that small area, sorry. That's just fine then.
Thanks.

Dominic

sebastiandybing
03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
As far as defaulting the engine ON... the decision so far has that it is pretty dangerous to pop up the app and have a 10,000 watt PA system just jump instantly live with mics on stage and other cables not properly patched an so forth... the whole idea is to help keep blown speakers and ears to a minimum.

I think all foh people I know of including my self is turning the mixer on before
the PA. to check inputs and routings.

I think it will make SAC even more real when its on its on.

On the Vista8 we always have a default "mute all outputs" scene before
the actually show scenes starts. Just in case.

Sebastian

Bob L
03-21-2008, 07:16 AM
That is a good way to go with the All Mutes Scene...

So... turning the SAC Mixer ON (Right-Clicking the Live Light) is the same as turning the physical console's power switch ON... do it one time and that's all you need... I am still not happy about having the program start in an ON condition. :)

Bob L

Bob L
03-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Will the scene window have a option for activate a scene when it is highlighted instead of dobbel clicking on a scene ?

I am planning to use the SpaceBar as a Go/Recall switch... its easy to reach during a performance.... I was also planning a Recall Button on the Scene Window.

But there is a lot more coming in the Sequence View which will use Scenes as sources and can then automate them with fade times and sub-scene streaming automation changes during the run of a show.

I also have Smpte Generate and Trigger options planned to control the Sequence View... as well as the Control View which will be along the lines of the SS Control Track for midi and show control.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Wow, I really looking foreward to al this happening.

One thing I find nessesary with all this scene/seq thing is somesort of
isolate input/output channel from scenes.
When we eg. put up a old show, the director and or conductor gets a mic. each, in such situations it is very handy to be able to isolate a channel from
the show.

Sebastian

Bob L
03-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes... there will be some kind of grid or matrix screen that will allow you to filter various channels and even channel sections from being changed.

Still have to work out the details yet.

Bob L