PDA

View Full Version : SAC shade

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2008, 03:29 AM
The default shade for SAC is awesome be great if SAW had a shade to match ;)

I really like the look... diving into functionality now

Bob L
03-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Glad you approve... we will get into more Shades design after the switches and controls settle out as the code evolves...

For now... it seems easy enough on the eyes to get this concept rolling.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2008, 05:56 AM
6am band practice, we're running it now :D It's running straight up at 1x128.

Just to re-iterate, the new look is really fantastic.

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 08:20 AM
6am band practice, we're running it now :D It's running straight up at 1x128.

Just to re-iterate, the new look is really fantastic.
6m?? Who practices at 6am???:eek:

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
6m?? Who practices at 6am???:eek:

MEe... and it went well :)

sstillwell
03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Who said they just started???

:D

Scott

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
MEe... and it went well :)
See, you got started so early, you can't even type right! :p

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
See, you got started so early, you can't even type right! :p

:P

Had some strange ASIO dropouts early on, but then it decided to run smooth for 2 hours or so.

Good enough for now :)

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
:P

Had some strange ASIO dropouts early on, but then it decided to run smooth for 2 hours or so.

Good enough for now :)
I have strange ASIO dropouts at 6am as well...

I've got to install this on my laptop and give it a run now.

Himhui
03-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Right, the shade of SAC is gorgeous!!
I love to see it in Saw too...

Jay Q
03-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Can anyone post some screen shots for the uninitiated (e.g., me)?

Jay

Mountain Media
03-22-2008, 05:02 AM

Jay

These were buried in another thread, and folks keep asking for them, so here they are, easier to find. They are large so here are the download links:

http://www.mm-pro.com/images/sac01.bmp
http://www.mm-pro.com/images/sac02.bmp
http://www.mm-pro.com/images/sac03.bmp

From another post on this Forum. Hope it helps!

Jay Q
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
From another post on this Forum. Hope it helps!

Thanks!

HapHazzard
03-24-2008, 09:03 PM

JayWho's working on shades! Jay? I'm about 1/8th the way through danickstr3_TuttiFrutti_v02. I like it because it is soft on the eyes in the dark. Have you gotten anywhere yet?

So far only a couple of sizing issues but pretty much straight forward.

Bob, Just waiting around for the remote hooks to be in place so I'm keeping myself busy.:)

Hap

Bob L
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
There are many graphics elements that are not in place in SAC yet... so be careful about spending time creating shades just yet... you will find yourself having to redo them by the time the final release is ready.

Bob L

ambler
03-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Who's working on shades! Jay? I'm about 1/8th the way through danickstr3_TuttiFrutti_v02. I like it because it is soft on the eyes in the dark. Have you gotten anywhere yet?

So far only a couple of sizing issues but pretty much straight forward.

Bob, Just waiting around for the remote hooks to be in place so I'm keeping myself busy.:)

Hap

Hey Hap,

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but the picture you have attached is not 'TuttiFrutti', it's 'Pipenite' which I made and I will be making available a version of it for SAC very soon...

Bob, I know the interface will change, I'll just edit and re-release as required.

Mark

p.s. I'm also working on a SAWStudio shade based on Bob's very nice SAC shade ;)

mako
03-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks ambler - good stuff.

cheers

mako

HapHazzard
03-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey Hap,

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but the picture you have attached is not 'TuttiFrutti', it's 'Pipenite' which I made and I will be making available a version of it for SAC very soon...

Bob, I know the interface will change, I'll just edit and re-release as required.

Mark

p.s. I'm also working on a SAWStudio shade based on Bob's very nice SAC shade ;)I'm very impressed with Bob gracphics. Easy on the eyes and lets you know if you switched an item. Below is a pic of TuttiFrutti v02 I just downloaded and it's in there. Must of been in the middle of a redo or missed a screen? Doesn't matter, just having fun:).

Ya Bob, It's a little early to be building a shade, but I can't hands off of it. I already had a couple of opps but that OK too. I always have my backup away in a safe place.

Hap

HapHazzard
03-25-2008, 06:30 AM
By the way ambler, where is v01 of TuttiFrutti? If you're a SSL user like myself we would have never seen the Wide Mixer view.

Hap

ambler
03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
OK, I see what's happened here.

I made 'Pipenite'. I did all views including the wide mixer even though I'm a lite user. The wide mixer view in the shade you downloaded is from my shade. The rest is a different one. You can use the demo of SAWStudio full to see the wide mixer view of any shade.

danickstr made 'TuttiFrutti' (all versions). He used my 'Pipenite' shade as a base for this and didn't do the wide mixer. So the wide mixer is Pipenite the rest is TuttiFrutti.

So we are working on different shades :cool: :cool:

TuttiFrutti 1, as far as I recall, was very bright. Lot's of bright pink and purple. I don't know if danickstr is still around, I haven't seen any posts from him in quite a while.

Mark

IraSeigel
03-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for Pipenite. It's the one I use. I downloaded it from Matt's (Microstudio's) webpage.

Regards,
Ira

bcorkery
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Mark,

Yea, still my default fav! Thanks.

HapHazzard
04-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I know it's a little early for this but I added some light behine the buttons.
The image plates were left the same. Just the buttons were reworked.
The FX button I did change a bet just for laughs.

I'll be doing a full rehearsal soon and then I will be able to throw in my two chips on how stable the rig was. In the mean time carry on.

Hap

IraSeigel
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello Hap,
Your additions to your SAC shade look great. Is it available anywhere to download, or is it a private project as yet?

Thanks,
Ira

HapHazzard
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Hello Hap,
Your additions to your SAC shade look great. Is it available anywhere to download, or is it a private project as yet?

Thanks,
Ira

Howdy all,
Right now it's private project and I'm open for tweeks on the lights. But as a finished project, it still has a ways to go. It's about 17 mg in size so my service won't hold the file, but I'll be asking around for a host and be back with a link.

Thanks
Hap

Iain Westland
04-04-2008, 02:12 PM
i should be able to help with hosting for a bit

danickstr
08-03-2008, 12:40 PM
danickstr made 'TuttiFrutti' (all versions). He used my 'Pipenite' shade as a base for this and didn't do the wide mixer. So the wide mixer is Pipenite the rest is TuttiFrutti.

I don't know if danickstr is still around, I haven't seen any posts from him in quite a while.

Mark

Hey Mark

danickstr3 is the original "tuttifrutti" and is not based on anyone else's work, or I would have credited them. No problem with the confusion, but just wanted to make that clear. It was built file by file in Photoshop from Bob's template. I was trying to make a purely modern version, but I haven't even looked at it for 2 years! It is a bit too purple I think.

I really like pipenite BTW!

I doubt I will finish it, since it is fine for lite users, and I am on a mac now. I might tone down some of the bright purple, if I ever feel motivated, but again I am on a mac, so it won't be easy.

Glad to see it is still hosted, thanks hosters.

ambler
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey Danickstr, I didn't mean to imply that your work wasn't completely original. I probably should have used a different word but I'm not sure what would be best. I just meant that the parts of the shade that you didn't make original graphics for, i.e. the wide mixer, were using pipenite graphics. I do understand that all the graphics you did were completely original and I apologise for any confusion.

Anyway it's good to hear from you again. If you ever get motivated enough it would be great to see another version.

Mark

IraSeigel
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey, a while back you'd started on a shade. I liked what you'd posted back then. Any progress, now that Bob's made a final release? Care to share?

Thanks,
Ira

Bud Johnson
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Ira,
while he could make progress, no-one can really offer a finished shade till Bob finishes all the features.
The entire edit column, sequence and control tracks to name a few.

edit
Never mind, you just asked for an update. Sorry, I'm tired.

HapHazzard
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Ira,
while he could make progress, no-one can really offer a finished shade till Bob finishes all the features.
The entire edit column, sequence and control tracks to name a few.

edit
Never mind, you just asked for an update. Sorry, I'm tired.

Bud,

I've been waiting until 1.0 is out. When 1.0 came out, the shade I was fooling around crashed SAC HARD. So don't try a shade that has been modified until Bob gives the OK. Now I am going to give it a try to add lights to the back of active buttons of this version and thats all. Now I know Bob is nowhere near the point of saying it's OK but I got to give it a try anyway.:)

Hap

IraSeigel
09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Bud,

I've been waiting until 1.0 is out. When 1.0 came out, the shade I was fooling around crashed SAC HARD. So don't try a shade that has been modified until Bob gives the OK. Now I am going to give it a try to add lights to the back of active buttons of this version and thats all. Now I know Bob is nowhere near the point of saying it's OK but I got to give it a try anyway.:)

Hap

Go for it. Keep us posted on your progress. I really liked v0.1 that you posted previously.

Ira

HapHazzard
09-17-2008, 07:45 AM
danickstr3 is the original "tuttifrutti" and is not based on anyone else's work, or I would have credited them. No problem with the confusion, but just wanted to make that clear. It was built file by file in Photoshop from Bob's template. I was trying to make a purely modern version, but I haven't even looked at it for 2 years! It is a bit too purple I think.

Did you know if danickstr3 is still around somewhere or is tuttifrutti it. I'd like to give it a shot at finishing the wide mixer. Looks like the link to the host is broke. It looked pretty neat in SAC (pre 1.0).

Hap

HapHazzard
09-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Did you know if danickstr3 is still around somewhere or is tuttifrutti it. I'd like to give it a shot at finishing the wide mixer. Looks like the link to the host is broke. It looked pretty neat in SAC (pre 1.0).

Hap

Never mind:o I found it and it is pretty bright!

Hap

HapHazzard
09-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm SLOWLY transferring pipelite_Milano_v02 into SAC 1.1
One plate at a time. A little bit of some resizing the faders and buttons.

FOH only. Monitors later

So far no crashes, it looks pretty good and the mapping seems to be working.

Now I know as Bob gets closer to finishing to a final version (pretty close if not there already), he'll be cleaning up the graphics and I'll have to start over again. But that's OK:). Just having some fun and remember to backup the SAC graphics file!

Hap
PS Was a new plate in 1.0. Wow!

IraSeigel
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Hap, you said you were waiting for Adobe, I think. Are you doing it in Photoshop? Illustrator?

Ira

HapHazzard
09-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Hap, you said you were waiting for Adobe, I think. Are you doing it in Photoshop? Illustrator?

IraBoth but Paint Shop Pro has been my favorite for many years.

Hap

HapHazzard
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Also done!
Main bar and few small items.
No crashing (so far).
Yes I removed the FX buttons and the output assignments and the.......

Hap

IraSeigel
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
VERY nice! I like the clean, simple font choice for the buttons, and the color scheme.

Ira

DominicPerry
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Nice. But I would say that, I use Pipenite for SAW.

Thanks a lot,

Dominic

HapHazzard
09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I could change the color a bit so as to know where you are in the heat of battle. SAW ... SAC :confused: But I'm pretty sure it's obvious what screen your in.

I'm using pipelite_Milano_v02 for SAW so I wanted the same scheme for SAC. Maybe the Mainbar could be bright so as to know you are in SAC.

I still have the original SAC scheme too and I like a lot. Still thinkin' of putting LEDs behind the buttons.

Will on with the Madness.

Hap

IraSeigel
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM

I still have the original SAC scheme too and I like a lot. Still thinkin' of putting LEDs behind the buttons.

Hap

LEDs would be nice. But just keep the simple, clean, modern and very readable font.