PDA

View Full Version : Mix Template vs Preference File

IraSeigel
03-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Excellent job. This is everything I had hoped for. It loads so quickly, I don't see how more cores or a faster CPU could add anything to my older T40 Thinkpad.

A quick, basic question (and one that I should have asked a while ago):

I want to label the console for a particular band's setup. Perhaps also routing those inputs to groups. Perhaps also some standard FX. No eq or dynamics added at this point, because my mics will change from day to day.

Should I save this setup as a Mix Template or as a Preference?

I would want to do this with the several bands I work with on a regular basis, then also have a generic preset, as well.

Thanks,
Simply Ira

Bob L
03-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Save it as a Mix Template... the preferences are for hardware and option settings.

You might also then want to save the applied Mix Template as a Session... this would then include all mixer settings and routing as well as Scenes that can give you various mix changes for each song and within songs... etc.

When you save Sessions... please create a folder for the session first and save the Session in that folder... that will keep each project session separate from others when it comes to Scenes and Sequences later.

Bob L