PDA

View Full Version : Eight hours...

kruntz
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
That's just incredible.
SAC is running on my machine eight+ ours now without a single glitch...
I reallly didn't expect such a performance from an "Alpha" software.
BTW, I use software that is not so stable at version 5.2.3... :-/

We'll soon begin to build a new PA that will be our main system starting from next fall. Obviously, SAC based...

We mainly do musicals, (yes, that nasty *live* shows with 50+ inputs, 16+ monitor lines and 8-10 "matrix" zone outputs) and I hope you don't mind if I start now with some suggestions that could help SAC be the best mixer for the job...

I don't want to spend $15.000 for seven AD8HR now, so I'll have to keep using the 8 ADA8000 I have. This mean I have to trade some of the 24 bit of resolution to keep enougth headroom in the mic pre, without remote gain adjustment.

It would be really nice if the SAC input attenuator could go to +20 dB, instead of the current 0 dB max.
This would allow (with a worse S/N ratio, I know) to trim the input of the channels that during the show became "weaker" than initial line-check.

If I understand it correctly, there will be some sort of "matrix" to leave defined controls out of the stored scenes, and being able to trim the inputs three or four dB hotter would be the solution to go through 30-40 scenes without riding the faders all the time...

Thanks in advance.

Bob L
03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes... I have considered changing the ATT control...

You can use 24 bit resolution with your ADA8000 at 48k... that should cover anything you will need as far as sound quality... especially with the SAC integer based math.

Bob L

kruntz
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes... I have considered changing the ATT control...
Bob L

Version Pre-Release 0.1a

Enhancements
* The Attenuator control has been enhanced to include +20db of gain as well as the attenuation.

Thanks a lot!

Bob L
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
You are welcome.

Bob L