PDA

View Full Version : One Small Suggestion

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I've been playing was SAC and love it so far, but I see one thing that could make life easier. The left-right click currently takes a fader to 0 - it seems having it go to -inf instead would be more useful. It could help serve as a panic command if needed.

Bob L
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes... I am wrestling with those decisions... a part of me thinks its nicer to snap instantly to zero db, because that is harder to get to by dragging the fader... but its very easy to grab and instantly drag the fader all the way down... so I feel the current design may be more powerful.

Bob L

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I do understand that logic, but I feel it would be more useful the other way. Maybe a switchable option for the best of both worlds?

Bob L
03-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I have an idea I have been experimenting with for creating default value templates for every control... we'll see where that leads. :)

Bob L

Craig Allen
03-21-2008, 07:47 PM
VERY, VERY COOL! :D :D :D

Mountain Media
03-22-2008, 04:26 AM
I have an idea I have been experimenting with for creating default value templates for every control... we'll see where that leads. :)

Bob L

VERY, VERY COOL! :D :D :D

What Craig said!! Very cool, indeed!! :)

Bud Johnson
03-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I've been playing was SAC and love it so far, but I see one thing that could make life easier. The left-right click currently takes a fader to 0 - it seems having it go to -inf instead would be more useful. It could help serve as a panic command if needed.
The Panic issue is in several threads. An idea akin to an external fader might be an additional view. Simply a fader. It could default to FOH Out 1, but be assignable. I know this can be done now with existing views, but then you lose that views other functionality.

Bob L
03-22-2008, 05:19 PM
You can lock the Z Mixer now if you want and do just that.

There will also be custom mixer views coming soon, that you can fill with whatever channels you want... and they wioll always be there.

Slow down... most of this stuff is already in the coding stages... just not ready for prime time. :)

Bob L

Bud Johnson
03-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Slow down! How do we catch up to you if we slow down!:D
Another thought,
As I have stated before, ultimately I plan to sell the D8b and use SAC in the studio as well as in the field. I know I can hardwire a talk back solution in the studio, but it will be missing buss dimming. ??? ?:rolleyes:

BTW, I'm loving foolin with SAC. And no rush, my next recording-live sound gig isn't till 4-25!!! :eek::rolleyes::D

Bob L
03-22-2008, 05:36 PM
You can use my free TalkBack plugin in SAC also... download from the SAWStudio Misc Downloads.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
03-22-2008, 05:45 PM
OMG, he leaps tall buildings!!!!!!!!
Thanks Bob:)