PDA

View Full Version : Sac and SawStudio running on One machine

Ollie
03-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi,
I am sure it has been discussed, but will it be possible to run SAC as a live feed to a band and SawStudio doing the recording duties on one machine?

Bud Johnson
03-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I believe that's the intent. Bob just hasn't finished the hooks. Me thinks.

DominicPerry
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Works already but without the hooks.

Dominic

AudioAstronomer
03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
They work together fine on the same machine... :D

Bob L
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes... there will be internal virtual buffers passed between the two programs eventually... you can already see the place holder for the input virtual buffers in the greyed out entry in the popup in device assign menu.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
They work together fine on the same machine... :D
It appears that SS and SAC do indeed play nice and share device inputs, but at more overhead than will be when Bob does his buffer thing. Also SS won't pass audio to SAC presently (as far as I can tell)so overdubs via SAC won't happen till those buffer thingies are done. Non issue for live, but if replacing a board in the studio......

AudioAstronomer
03-23-2008, 07:21 AM
It appears that SS and SAC do indeed play nice and share device inputs, but at more overhead than will be when Bob does his buffer thing. Also SS won't pass audio to SAC presently (as far as I can tell)so overdubs via SAC won't happen till those buffer thingies are done. Non issue for live, but if replacing a board in the studio......

They actually share quite nice using VAC. Long as you dont require real-time in SAW and relegate that to SAC, you are running great.

I was testing it this morning and it does seem to work for now. I'm not sure what the overhead would be as track counts grow, but it seemed fine at 16 tracks of 24/48 here.