PDA

View Full Version : Sac click to drummer

Ollie
03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Does sending a click to a drummer via a monitor hold any value for live performance?

I could see in some situations where it would be useful, at least for the beginning of tunes.

Bob L
03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Of course... its done all the time... it can be sent on an aux... or a direct master out... or the actual drummers monitor mixer... the click would just be muted on the FOH mixer... and sent to the monitors using the src, pst eq or pst dyn tap point.

Bob L

Ollie
03-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Bob,
Will the click and tempo settings be integrated into Sac, or will another product be needed? I know the JMS click requires Saw to feed it the tempo.

What products will be able to do this?

Bob L
03-23-2008, 06:20 AM
In general, clicks are most often associated with backing tracks in my experience... so the click would be incorporated as part of the source tracks... either played back from SS (possibly)... or from some other player source.

I have a very interesting SAC player plugin in the works.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
03-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Bob,
Will the click and tempo settings be integrated into Sac, or will another product be needed? I know the JMS click requires Saw to feed it the tempo.

What products will be able to do this?

Is there a time you could see where it would not make sense for the click track to be pre-made?

I can't think of a time when on-the-fly adjustment would be needed?