View Full Version : Plugins shared by SAC and SAW

Ollie
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Bob,
There are basically three flavors of these
1. SAW Plugins written for the SAW api - JMS EQ, SPAZIO, ANWIDA
2. DX Plugs
3. VST plugs

I know you made it clear that you have to re-install the VST PLugs into the SAC folder as well as into the SAW folder

What about SAW Native Api plugs?

What about DX plugs?

Craig Allen
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
DX plugs should show up automatically. I wish that native and VST plugins could be linked between the two apps so you didn't have to re-install everything.

DominicPerry
03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
For SAW Native plugs,
1) open c:\SAWStudio\Native_PlugIns

select the contents, then

2) open c:\SAC\Native_Plugins

paste them all in.

3) Now open c:\SAWStudio\Native_PlugIns\SAWStudioFX_Native.ini
and copy the text
4) Open c:\SAC\Native_Plugins\SAC_FX_Native.ini
paste the text in.

5) close and save the SAW_FX_Native.ini file.

Dun

Dominic

Bob L
03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
You can leave all VST plugs where they are installed and use the .ini file links in SAC... it is fixed in the next update.

I am looking at a similar link for the SAW Native plugs.

Bob L

Ollie
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks all.

Craig Allen
03-25-2008, 11:48 AM
You can leave all VST plugs where they are installed and use the .ini file links in SAC... it is fixed in the next update.

I am looking at a similar link for the SAW Native plugs.

Bob L
Do you have to link them all individually? It would be nice if you could point SAC to an alternate directory for these plugins.

DominicPerry
03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Just to be difficult ....................... it would also be nice to only link to the ones you want.
I have a very limited set of plugs, but what's the point in linking to SIR or the Levelizer (except for brickwall limiting) or Sonoris LP EQ when they don't work? I like the idea of having a slimmed down list for live use, rather than a pile which you have to pick through.

Dominic

Bob L
03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes, I agree... I think the ini file for each one will probably be the ticket... then you choose which you want and you don't have to copy or reinstall the plugs in two places.

Bob L

mako
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I agree too - that's what I have been doing manually.

mako