PDA

View Full Version : MWS patch files

Cary B. Cornett
03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
In the process of setting up MWS to "know" all the patches in my QSR, I am ALMOST there, but have hit a snag.

First, I modified one of the QS_ files to include the add-in cards in my QSR (adding 2 more banks to the listing), and renamed the file Alesis_QSR.ini ...
Next, I added a reference to that file in the master patches file.
I should be able to access a total of 7 banks of patches (0-6). The "added" banks are banks 5 and 6. Banks 0 - 5 now show up in the patch list in MWS, but not bank 6.

I tried to upload the "Alesis_QSR.ini" file but it exceeds the forum's text file size limit.

Cary B. Cornett
03-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Still no answers, and this problem is really getting in the way of my current production process. :( Maybe there is something obvious that I missed... :o if so, I would sure like to have a good "hint" about what to do :rolleyes:

Bob L
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Cary... email me your patch ini file at tech@SAWStudio.com and I'll take a look.

Bob L

Bob L
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Cary,

After looking at the ini files... here is what I found... but I must say, it stumped me for a moment.

I noticed that it loaded only up to bank 5 prgm 109... so there had to be something after that which was causing the breakdown.

If you look at the next line... prgm 110... you will see a double quote in front of the name... that is reading as a blank entry, which shuts down the rest of the load... remove the extra quote... and it loads all the way to the end.

Bob L

Cary B. Cornett
03-28-2008, 08:13 AM
I noticed that it loaded only up to bank 5 prgm 109... so there had to be something after that which was causing the breakdown.

If you look at the next line... prgm 110... you will see a double quote in front of the name... that is reading as a blank entry, which shuts down the rest of the load... remove the extra quote... and it loads all the way to the end.

Bob L Yep, that was it! :p Double quote marks at the start of a patch name. Removed the extra, and then got all patches to show up. :cool: Thanks!