PDA

View Full Version : Sound Morphing

dragoodan
03-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey!

I was wondering if any of you got any ideas here:

I want to do sound morphing, and I wonder how I can do that in SAW using FX plugins or if there is a recomended software for it.. THX!;)

TotalSonic
03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Anwida's Native Modulation pack offers a variety of creative effects in SAW native plugin format that can be completely automated -
http://www.anwida.com/product.asp?pid=1

I really love the JMS Audioware RC Delay for creating cool dub/rave style delay & filter based effects - also completely automateable -
http://www.jms-audioware.com/rcd.htm

It's very in SAW also to mult the same file to two different input tracks and fade from one to the other to create morphing effects as well. Also - the Aux Sends & Return channels are fully automateable so lots of power from this too.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

dragoodan
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I see.. thanks for the Plugs links!

I am looking for Morphing tho, but I will try using the automation on the sends in mix with the other tracks..

Thanks

mikebuzz
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
theres Wave Morphoder , also check KVR they have LOTS of plugs

Later
Buzz

MMP
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
To do real sound morphing you would need something like a Kyma/Capybara system from Symbolic Sound. With Kyma, you can do a high resolution FFT analysis of two sounds, and then resynthesis them and move each harmonic component of the sound over time from it's position in the first sound to the second. This can sound really organic.

I don't know how one could approach this in SAW. C-Sound can do this as well as Sound Hack on the Mac.

A cross fade is not really the same thing.

Regards,

MM

Bud Johnson
03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I was waiting for MM to bring in Kyma.
I've seen it demo d, It's amazing. Expensive, but amazing. I don't know the other products mentioned, but I doubt they compare in final results. It's gender switching is outrageous!

dragoodan
03-26-2008, 05:15 PM
yes MMP, I do know about KYMA and that is somewhat what I had in mind, but it IS expensive (maybe not expensive, I just don't count with such amount of green :p)

I was just checking if I could somehow turn the corner with an alternative there :rolleyes:

MMP
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, CSound is free and quite powerful.

There may be other programs with FFT/Resynthesis capabilities.

Regards,

MM