PDA

View Full Version : Partial Scene Control Of FX

William Bushnell
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I have been exploring using partial scenes to control FX and not sure if I'm missing something.

As a test I added the Echo/Delay plug-in pre fader to channel 1 on both the FOH and Monitor Mixer 01, set the FOH input to device 01 and the Monitor Mixer 01 input to Src Split. I then selected channel 1 on both mixers. Next I set the left delay time for the FOH mixer to 150ms and feedback to 50% and the left delay time for Monitor Mixer 01 to 100ms and feedback to 40%. (Just to have different settings for each mixer)

With channel 1 on both mixers still selected I created a new scene called Echo-Delay Ch 1 on.

I was thinking that the new partial scene would not only remember the mixer settings but also the plug-in settings but it didn't. I know I can bypass the FX on the channel strip but what about the settings on the plug-in itself? (The Echo/Delay plug-in can be controlled with automation in Saw Studio)

Also, I haven't been able to get independent plug-in delay and feedback settings for both mixers. Tried different selections for the plug-in's Trk switch but the settings remain the same for both mixers.

Questions

1. Do scenes just control the mixers and not plug-in's?

2. If I am using the same plugin (in this case the Echo/Delay) on the same channel of several mixers can you have different settings for each mixer?

Thanks.

Bob L
03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
The scenes are not controlling plugins yet... there is much to research in that dept before deciding on the internals of the code.

I am also exploring the use of holding windows, even for native plugins, in order to allow them to differentiate between mixers... obviously that was not part of the original API for the native plugs, so I have some work to do in that dept also.

Right now... the scenes can only control the console settings.

Bob L

William Bushnell
03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Bob. As I think about it, since I can use partial scenes to control the Aux and return channels, I should be able to turn on and off up to six effects on the FOH and Monitor mixers at the same time. This should get me closer to what I'm trying to do. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Bob L
03-28-2008, 09:06 PM
You can also use the channel bypass switches in scenes now... that can help with bypassing effects in groups.

Bob L