PDA

View Full Version : Problem Selecting Channels In Multiple Mixers?

William Bushnell
03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Wondering if the color of the mixer channel number area correctly indicates channels are grouped. Using release .1a This is the process I used.

1. In the FOH Z mixer I click on the channel number area for channels 1, 2 & 3 and each channel number area truns black and the curser has CHN under it. All buttons and controls are linked together. Just like Saw Studio.

2. I change to Monitor mixer 01. The curser still has CHN under it, the channel number area for channels 1,2, & 3 are white, no controls are linked. I click on the channel number area for channels 1, 2, & 3, the areas turn black, all controls are linked.

3. I return to the FOH mixer, the channel number areas are now white but the curser still has CHN under it and all controls are still linked.

4. Switch back to Monitor mixer 01, the channel number areas are also white but the curser has CHN under it and all controls are linked.

5. I click on the channel number area for channels 1, 2, & 3, the areas turn black but the channels are no longer linked. This happens with each of to mixers. The curser has CHN under it until all channels on all mixers are ungrouped.

What I am trying to do is set up partial scenes where I can link certain controls of all like numbered channels in the FOH, Monitor mixer 01, 02, 03, 04, ect. It works but the color of the channel number area doesn't always reflect the current state of the channel grouping. Even if the curser has CHN under it I have to test a control to determine if the channels are linked or unlinked. Is there a problem or am I going about this wrong? Thanks.

Bob L
03-29-2008, 03:52 PM
You are correct... each mixer maintains its own channel selection.... much more complex internally... but, you have stumbled onto a display glitch when switching mixers while other channels are already grouped.

I am on it... new update hopefully later today.

Bob L

Bob L
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
This issue has been fixed in the new update.

Good find.

Bob L

William Bushnell
03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Bob. From my test, it looks like partial scenes will allow control of effects on a per channel basis on all mixers which will get me half way there.

Not to run this into the ground but any chance of taking it a step further with a scenes option like the "Assign MIDI notes to Regins/Markers" option that was in the SMPTE/Midi menu of SAW Pro? Being able to assign MIDI notes to scenes would provide the means for the musicians to have partial control (turn on or off) of their own reverb, delay, ect. Just a thought. Really looking forward to using SAC this summer. Thanks.

Bob L
03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes... that and more is on the list for the updates. The Scenes will have fade times and midi triggers... and more... they will also be able to be dragged into a Sequence List to actually map out an entire show with all kinds of show control elements and SMPTE and live streaming automation changes and more. :)

Bob L