PDA

View Full Version : Echo Trail Off at In Out Aux Sends

HapHazzard
04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
OK if this was covered before then let me know.

I've set up a Vocal channel and sent aux 2 pre to an echo (one of many I have). Now what I was expecting was that if I used the IN/OUT switch at the channel I could kill the input to the echo, but the out put tails would continue. I use to do this with alot of singers and it was very effective.

When I use the MUTE switch the echo tails continue, but of course no mic.

Hap

PS Bob in conparison to the 128 ms system wide with the Innovason, at 64 x 4 with SAC makes me MORE then a happy camper.:D

Bob L
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
In the interest of saving cpu load, the aux send switch is used as a determining factor of whether to send data and keep an aux loop active... if this is the only channel feeding the aux and you disengage the switch, the aux loop is removed from the engine to conserve cpu... if this was not done, you can imagine how quickly the cpu would be overloaded with 6 x 72 channels x25 consoles worth of blank buffers being sent to keep the loop alive.

As long as something else is keeping the loop alive, you can acheive the effect you desire... so you can create one channel that is actively assigned with the signal muted and sending blank data to the same aux... then your disengaging the switch would not shutdown the aux loop.

Kind of like placing a blank region on a blank track to keep the track active in SS.

Bob L

HapHazzard
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Bob,

I have plenty of spare channels.

Cheers.

And carry on.

Hap