PDA

View Full Version : Escaping from Session Extract Operation: Be Careful

Dave Labrecque
04-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I decided to abort an extract operation today as I saw the data size approach triple of that of the original (lots of layers of looped ADR with big handles on every region will do that I guess). I hit the Esc key a couple times (didn't seem to work at first), and thereafter both the extracted session and the original session would crash upon opening. Fortunately, I had a backup from the night before.

Can't be certain that that's what caused it, but just in case: Word to the wise (and ya muthah)...

Bob L
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Not sure what happened there... but the extract does not alter the original session during the operation in any way that I know of... so it would seem that the corruption already existed by the time you got into the extraction process.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Not sure what happened there... but the extract does not alter the original session during the operation in any way that I know of... so it would seem that the corruption already existed by the time you got into the extraction process.

Bob L

Yeah, that's odd, all right. I can't be certain that's what caused it. But, I wanted to report my observations all the same. The crash happened very soon after the extract, but maybe not immediately.

Maybe hitting ESC multiple times was a bad thing?