PDA

View Full Version : 1 or 2 CPU confusion.

bcorkery
04-06-2008, 08:47 AM
SAC likes 2 cpu's and SAW likes 1. I'm configured to show 1 in the Task Manager. Is tere an advantage to going back to 2?

Thanks

Bob L
04-06-2008, 08:53 AM
SAW does well with 2 also... as long as your system is cleaned up.

The latest versions (4.1 and 1.6 Basic) have been very stable with 2 cpus on most systems.

Many plugins used in SS have been known to cause issues and may be a problem on dual cpus, as they spawn their own threads.

Bob L

bcorkery
04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Cool, I'll revert back to 2.

As allways, thank you.

preachers
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
so how about the perfomence, witch is better?
if i use dual core cpu, will it improve the performence than single one??

Bob L
12-17-2008, 11:17 PM
A Dual Core system properly setup should give you better performance with SAC as SAC gets loaded down.

Anything below a 50% load should be about the same... but as your session loads approach 50% and go beyond, then a dual core will handle all the screen redraws and meter displays and mouse and keyboard interactions with no apparent slowdow... while a single core will start to place these items in the background so as not to glitch the audio engine... therefore screen displays and interface commands will start to lag behind... and as you approach 90% load... screen displays will really be noticably delayed.

Bob L

Trackzilla
12-18-2008, 03:27 AM
I do see better graphic performance with both cpu, but i find better buffer stability with processor affinity set to one CPU for SAC...dunno if that's normal, or another 'feature' of my box lol