PDA

View Full Version : Subgroups

Larry Burger
04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I am sure I'm not thinking straight.

If I output one to reference monitors for solo capabilities.
Output device 2 for Front of house.
Subgroup output 3 to either out 1 or out 2, if I were to subgroup drums I can only assign to front of house (device 2). When I solo the output 1 bus there are no drums.

What am I missing.

Bob L
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I would recommend using Out device 1 as FOH... then device 2 and so on as other outputs to other amps and monitor feeds.

You would want to use one of your last devices as your solo out... and just feed that to a headphone amp or refernece monitors directly... you do not use one of the out masters for the solo.... obviously, if you solo the actual solo out device, you will hear nothing.

Assign the solo bus out device directly in the Mixer menu, Solo Mode option.

Bob L

dbarrow
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
In a monitor console, could you assign the solo out to whatever was your particular monitor mix output? It seems like if you were already wearing IEM headphones, you might just want to solo to those instead of something separate. Is that the standard operating procedure?

Bob L
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
You do not need to assign separate solo outs for monitor mixes... each performer using a PER-MON access remote mix station activates his own personal solo which drops all other chans 12 db into his In-Ear or wedge mix... this allows him to continue playing in time while featuring a solo chan.

There is a spearate solo out for FOH and Master Mon Mix... that way two engineers can independently operate the same system without stepping on each other.

Bob L

dbarrow
05-04-2009, 05:48 AM
You do not need to assign separate solo outs for monitor mixes... each performer using a PER-MON access remote mix station activates his own personal solo which drops all other chans 12 db into his In-Ear or wedge mix... this allows him to continue playing in time while featuring a solo chan.

There is a spearate solo out for FOH and Master Mon Mix... that way two engineers can independently operate the same system without stepping on each other.

Bob L

Thanks. That is very well thought out.