PDA

View Full Version : SOLO help

Warren
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Bob:

Solo scenario

Say I am at FOH and wish to solo a channel via headphones to fine tune EQ etc. But I don't wish to disrupt the house mix. Are you feeding your solo feed to another output and sending that to FOH to a headphone for AFL.

If so how are you making this solo assignment?

Am I missing something obvious?

My same concern applies to the monitor position.

Sorry for the dumb question.

Bob L
04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
You will not disturb FOH or any monitor mix if you assign the solo bus to a separate device out directly in the Mixer Menu Solo Mode option.

This device should only feed a headphone or amp that becomes your solo listen station.

Select Solo Bus Pre or PST... your preference... then assign the solo bus device to one that is not being used by any other output.

Bob L

Warren
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
You will not disturb FOH or any monitor mix if you assign the solo bus to a separate device out directly in the Mixer Menu Solo Mode option.

This device should only feed a headphone or amp that becomes your solo listen station.

Select Solo Bus Pre or PST... your preference... then assign the solo bus device to one that is not being used by any other output.

Bob L

Once again Thanks

You make things so simple us simple minded cant figure it out! :D

I must say I have very much enjoyed working with SAC, a fantastic tool, with more funtion than to most expensive consoles out there and at 1/1000 the price.

Thank you :)

dbarrow
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Bob L

I think you answered this before, but how do you hear the main FOH mix in the headphones when no solo buttons are pressed? I would like to configure my system so that I hear the FOH mix until a solo button is pressed.

Iain Westland
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I think you answered this before, but how do you hear the main FOH mix in the headphones when no solo buttons are pressed? I would like to configure my system so that I hear the FOH mix until a solo button is pressed.

click the solo light at the top and foh is centred till you move hot track

Bob L
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Use the special solo mode by clicking the top solo light itself... this will solo the main FOH master bus or buses... and it will chase different mixers if you switch to monitor mixers... when any solo chan switch is pressed, that overrides the master solo... and returns the master solo when you disengage the chan solo switches.

This mode is also intelligent and will retain the combination of master outs you solo along with the master out 1 for each monitor mixer... thereby allowing you to combine master out solos for different zone combinations on each mixer.

Bob L