PDA

View Full Version : How to pitch in SAWSTUDIO?

Spring
04-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi guys,

I have been a happy user of SAWPRO 1.6 since this was released a LOOONG time ago :) - Now I'm considering to replace it with SawStudio, but after playing around with the demo, I simply can't locate the old "FX-Panel" from SAWPRO, where you could pitch each track individually, set the EQ and so on. - I have looked ad some of the tutorials but they don't really give me, what I'm looking for, can someone tell me how to put FX's on the tracks (especially the pitch-part as I'm using the program for megamixing)?

Thanks in advance

Spring

Bob L
04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
The FX Patch windows are available from any of the mixer channels... a small section labeled FX... clcik there to open the FXChoices window then addto one of the three FX Patch points...

The easy way is to use an F-Key view to see and access all FX Patch windows at the same time... my default F-Keys for FX would usually be F2 or F8... press one of those keys and you should see the FX Patch windows.

Different than Pro... but much more powerful and these FX windows chase as you jump around the tracks.

The Pitch adjustment is now controlled on individual regions for much more flexibility and power... you can pitch regions separately on the same track... unlike before in pro... you get to the options by using the popup MT Entry Properties menu... alt-right-click on any region in the MT.

You can do a whole track by creating one region on that track or by looking into the Sonoris Pitch/Time native plugin to patch and pitch the whole track... and that plug will do pitch without length changes or speed changes without pitch changes also.... and it is automatable... very nice indeed.

Check the third party plugin links on the website.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
04-19-2008, 10:28 AM
EDIT=As usual, everyone types faster than I
You'll need to rethink how it's laid out. Most things are different except B & E, Tab, etc.
Look under view. Here you'll find your FX choices, and where you load FX, pre and/or post. You can load EQ here, but if you look at the 5 band parametric with High and low pass built into each channel, most times you'll be good to go. Not to mention the keyable comp and gate on each channel. If you're demoing lite, scroll up the channel to find those things. If SSL, or full, use view to see the wide view. Remember to save your useful views to F keys.
For pitch, alt right click with the curser on a region in the Multi-track. You'll see "Vari pitch" in the drop down.
I made the same transition and found reading the manual a few times, even when I didn't know what it was talking about, was the best way to discover the how to and feature sets. Also reading all of these posts with SS open in the background to try what you just read.

Jay Q
04-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi Spring,

Just wanna add, FWIW, that I was a Pro user as well, but after upgrading to Studio, I can't imagine going back. There were some nice things in Pro, one or two of which I miss, but overall, there's really no contest, IMO. Give yourself a week or so with Studio, and you won't look back.

Jay

Arco
04-20-2008, 11:42 AM
FWIW, that I was a Pro user as well, but after upgrading to Studio, I can't imagine going back

same here. at first you're so used to Pro that SAWSTUDIO seems very alien but it will click into place and it's a much more advanced program.