PDA

View Full Version : Set Softedge with selected tracks

AudioAstronomer
04-21-2008, 05:27 AM
With tracks selected, using set/clear softedge start/end does not affect selected tracks.

Is this intentional?

UpTilDawn
04-21-2008, 06:00 AM
With tracks selected, using set/clear softedge start/end does not affect selected tracks.

Is this intentional?

It works just fine if you mean "Selected tracks" as in Selected Regions.
You must select the regions you want to affect.

AudioAstronomer
04-21-2008, 06:21 AM
It works just fine if you mean "Selected tracks" as in Selected Regions.
You must select the regions you want to affect.

I'm talking about tracks that are selected. (clicking the number next to the track).

It would make sense to me if there were vertically adjacent regions for softedge commands to apply to both if they are part of a track selection.

UpTilDawn
04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm talking about tracks that are selected. (clicking the number next to the track).

It would make sense to me if there were vertically adjacent regions for softedge commands to apply to both if they are part of a track selection.

I misunderstood you to be saying the process doesn't work. I didn't realize it was a feature request.

DanT

Bob L
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
The option operates on selected MT Entries... it is very easy to select all entries or groups of entries... in many ways... and selecting vertical entries is as simple as sliding the mouse straight down surrounding the desired entries... decisions about which entries should be included are best left to this method, in my opinion.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
04-21-2008, 10:15 AM
The option operates on selected MT Entries... it is very easy to select all entries or groups of entries... in many ways... and selecting vertical entries is as simple as sliding the mouse straight down surrounding the desired entries... decisions about which entries should be included are best left to this method, in my opinion.

Bob L

Sounds reasonable enough.

I've become accustomed to using track selections with 'x' to set crossfade softedges, and today in a stupor I reverted to using alt-right click to set it and didn't notice the second track (bass amped and bass DI) didnt get any softedges until the bassist asked why there were so many pops on his punch-ins...

To which my response was, why did there need to be so many punch-ins.;)