PDA

View Full Version : Importing Sound Forge text files...

Teomi
04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Bob and all...I'm still researching SSL's Pro-convert to see if it can handle Sound Forge's region data text files. Not even their tech support know for sure...

So in the mean time, what is the possibility to have a native import of those kind of text files?
The file itself seems very simple. It contains the name of the wave file and the timing of each region mark - beginning and ending.

Is it easy to implement this? Say, import the text file over an EDL and have it split/mark the region accordingly?

Thanks,
Eitan

TotalSonic
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Eitan -
I'm pretty positive that Rail Rogut's SS EDL Investigator can import regions from Sound Forge - there's a demo at http://www.railjonrogut.com/ssedlmain.htm so you can check this out for yourself.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Teomi
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up about Rail's proggy.
I DL the demo but I can't figure out how to import files from Sound forge.
I am able to open the EDL from Investigator but when clicking on 'import from soundforge' all the windows are empty and I can't add anything...

Any clues on how to try this out?

Thanks,
Eitan

Dave Labrecque
04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up about Rail's proggy.
I DL the demo but I can't figure out how to import files from Sound forge.
I am able to open the EDL from Investigator but when clicking on 'import from soundforge' all the windows are empty and I can't add anything...

Any clues on how to try this out?

Thanks,
Eitan

Eitan,

I just tried it. As long as the files containing the SF regions are linked to a SAW EDL, you should be able to open the EDL in Investigator, then click the Import from Sound Forge button. The files appear in the top of the window and the SF regions appear in the left pane, ready for importing to the EDL as SAW regions (right pane).

sebastiandybing
04-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I was wondering if Vegas or wathever software your outsouce people are
usesing can export regions as wave files like saw can
If so they could name the files eg. bass 100001, so 1 is track 1 and 00001 is
the possition.
Then when importing through the libary window it should be easy to grab
all files starting with 1 and insert them to track 1 and so on.

Then again if you donĀ“t like the numbers you have to manually rename all
35000 regions.

But if you could live with the numbers it is a option...I think

Sebstian